5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

4wd

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd

I have been searching through the forum but haven’t found what im looking for yet.

I have an 05 ram 2500. Got stuck in the snow the other morning. Switched to 4wd (switch on the dash) but no luck getting out. Kept getting deeper. Had a friend come by and pull me out. On my way back to work my truck would not kick out of 4wd. When I turned the switch to 2wd the light about the switch would not light up. I tried it in drive, neutral and park with no luck. I left the switch in 2wd. After my shift, I came out and started my truck and it was in 2wd and had been great. Over the next few days my serv 4wd light keeps coming on in my dash.

This morning I left my house, (switch still pointed to 2wd), and my truck was in 4wd with the 4wd light illuminated above the switch and on the dash. I turned the truck off and sat for a few minutes. I turned the key to the accessory position just to turn the dash lights on to try the switch. (at this point the truck is not running) the light about the switch illuminates to 2wd and I can hear clicking coming from what I assume is the tcase. It will click a few times then stop and illuminate the 4wd light above the switch.

Does this sound like the actuator? If so, where is a good place to buy a new actuator? I can’t seem to find one. Thank you for all of your help!

Old 03-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by arudd
I have been searching through the forum but haven’t found what im looking for yet.

I have an 05 ram 2500. Got stuck in the snow the other morning. Switched to 4wd (switch on the dash) but no luck getting out. Kept getting deeper. Had a friend come by and pull me out. On my way back to work my truck would not kick out of 4wd. When I turned the switch to 2wd the light about the switch would not light up. I tried it in drive, neutral and park with no luck. I left the switch in 2wd. After my shift, I came out and started my truck and it was in 2wd and had been great. Over the next few days my serv 4wd light keeps coming on in my dash.

This morning I left my house, (switch still pointed to 2wd), and my truck was in 4wd with the 4wd light illuminated above the switch and on the dash. I turned the truck off and sat for a few minutes. I turned the key to the accessory position just to turn the dash lights on to try the switch. (at this point the truck is not running) the light about the switch illuminates to 2wd and I can hear clicking coming from what I assume is the tcase. It will click a few times then stop and illuminate the 4wd light above the switch.

Does this sound like the actuator? If so, where is a good place to buy a new actuator? I can’t seem to find one. Thank you for all of your help!
Sounds like the actuator to me.... Try a search on-line, any 4wd shop, trans shop, or the dealer will have/ or can get one for you.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to rockauto.com with the part I believe you are looking for https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...l+module,16844