5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

06 fuel problem help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 fuel problem help!!

hi im hoping someone can help me i have a 06 cummins six speed.it had a injector going bad so i decided to go ahead and put 100hp injectors in it because i plan on building it.after the install i drove it down the road and it makes a weird hissing sound like its got a boost leak somewhere and it feels like it has no power i checked all my lines made shure injectors are seated and everything is torqued i cant figure out why its making the sound.im going to put a lift pump and bigger turbo on it with a cp3 upgrade but i want to figure out why its making this sound and it feels like it has no power any help would be great

Old 11-23-2017, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How much boost pressure are you making, maybe you do have a leak, did you forget a gasket on your intake horn?

Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man thats the problem i have no gauges so i dont no how much boost im building..i used both gaskets on the intake horn..i checked for boost leaks last night and couldent find any the sound is coming from the driver side it only does it when i get into it and the turbo spools up..i literaly just got out of the barn checking intake horn and rail fittings.id attatch a video i took but idk how.ive had everything from a 97 to a 08 and never had this problem it almost sounds like im sucking air thruough the rail at him rpm

Old 11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How did you check it for boost leaks, the best way is to install a fitting on the Turbo compressor inlet and pressure up the whole engine, CAC, and intake system. I had a truck that was leaking out a clamp at 25 PSI and that's exactly where the boost stopped building, the clamp looked fine and all I did was loosen it wiggle the boot and tighten it to solve the problem then I had my 40 PSI.

Check your oil for fuel dilution you might have a cracked body or leak at a feed tube.