5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

cummins wont start after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cummins wont start after rebuild

I recently blew up my 2007 cr cummins and rebuilt it. i put a head on from an 02 vp44 with all the common rail feed tubes and injectors. now it will crank all day long but wont start. i have fuel getting to the rail and to the feed tubes. my common rail feed tubes dont click into the head like they did on the old head. i dont know what else to do i am stumped.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Diesel Fan

Why couldnt you keep the old head? and I havent heard of people doing this before, I guess it could work but I know for a fact that the feed tubes are different and the thread/size i believe is different as the tube removers are different for those two motors.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Diesel Fan

How are you doing this with a common rail? you need the CR injectors on the inside, the old injectors fit into the place of the 02 Injectors? Valve covers lined up? All wiring is able to get to the injectors? you said head and vp44 but have a rail, was the vp swapped on somehow? or its still cp3?