Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   AC/heater noise (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/129355-ac-heater-noise.html)

Mr.bacon 01-11-2016 08:17 PM

AC/heater noise

So my 05 3500 is making a noise when the Ac and heater are on high. Not from the engine bay but within the cab. Is it the blower fan or something (not sure how it's built to be honest). Anyone have this issue? Also should note it doesn't have any force behind the air. Basically a lot of noise without the blowing power. Takes a while to defrost the Windows, very annoying. Didn't notice it when we got the rig since it wasn't that cold.

Thanks all

CumminsCoalRoller24/7 01-11-2016 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.bacon (Post 1106095)
So my 05 3500 is making a noise when the Ac and heater are on high. Not from the engine bay but within the cab. Is it the blower fan or something (not sure how it's built to be honest). Anyone have this issue? Also should note it doesn't have any force behind the air. Basically a lot of noise without the blowing power. Takes a while to defrost the Windows, very annoying. Didn't notice it when we got the rig since it wasn't that cold.

Thanks all

There's a blower motor/fan toward the front kick panel below glove box- you can take cover off with a torx head, there should be 4 screws. My father in laws was making a bunch of noise and somehow a screw fell in there- maybe somewhere to start!

dangerous1965 01-11-2016 11:03 PM

yup either something in there or the bearing is going out!

Mr.bacon 01-11-2016 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by dangerous1965 (Post 1106109)
yup either something in there or the bearing is going out!

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7 (Post 1106098)
There's a blower motor/fan toward the front kick panel below glove box- you can take cover off with a torx head, there should be 4 screws. My father in laws was making a bunch of noise and somehow a screw fell in there- maybe somewhere to start!

Thank you gentleman! I honestly had no idea how easy it was to Accsess the motor and fan was. Also didn't quite realize how easy it is for things to get in there.

Will be working under the dash and seeing what's in there.

texasgreg 01-12-2016 08:24 PM

The lack of air may be due to a door failure. This has videos and replacement doors;

Dodge Ram '02-'08 - '02 - '08 - Ram - Dodge

On my '06 I had to pull the entire dash. '05 is supposed to be easier if you have to change doors.

Mr.bacon 01-14-2016 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by texasgreg (Post 1106184)
The lack of air may be due to a door failure. This has videos and replacement doors;

Dodge Ram '02-'08 - '02 - '08 - Ram - Dodge

On my '06 I had to pull the entire dash. '05 is supposed to be easier if you have to change doors.

Well... There was two problems. The noise was from a clogged blower fan, and there was a plastic piece, like a hinge.

But then while inspecting the inside of the fan housing. I noticed the door above the fan is broken. So.. Hopefully it's not a pain to fix or can be done cheap. Luckily I have a shop near by that we've brought a lot of business too. So when they change the oil maybe I can get them to do that as well for a good price. Just don't have the time to do it myself right now.

Do you know what it might cost to replace that damn door?

CumminsCoalRoller24/7 01-14-2016 08:57 PM

I have never done the fan door you're mentioning but I think this is what you're looking for, Sorry it's not from another bomber!

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/327284-just-replaced-the-infamous-recirculation-door-in-30-minutes.html

Mr.bacon 01-16-2016 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by CumminsCoalRoller24/7 (Post 1106336)
I have never done the fan door you're mentioning but I think this is what you're looking for, Sorry it's not from another bomber!

Just replaced the infamous Recirculation Door in 30 minutes :-) - DodgeForum.com

That helps a lot! But, I did find it because of another bomber! Just as good in my book haha.