5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

2007 3500 compleate power failure!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 3500 compleate power failure!!!

so here is the story,

Im looking to buy a used 2007 L6 5.9L dodge 3500 megacab dually, slt, 4x4.the truck is located IN Houston Texas. has 115k orig miles. clear title and carfax.

The problem. i live in California. SO i made a bid on the truck $20000, and they excepted. assuming it was a drivable truck as the company e-mail said it was. i payed a company, (auto exam) to drive out and inspect the truck before i pay for it.

the company called me the day of the inspection, said that the truck had compleatly no power at all. they hooked up two jumper boxes, ext...... nothing.... he said there were a few wires cut under the dash......but nothing happend when you put the key in and turned it on. nothing AT ALL< NO RADEO NOTHING....

being he is not a tech, and i was only paying for an inspection he drove back.

NOW IM LEFT WITH A BIG QUESTION.

Firstly what on earth could it be? im not a cummins owner (was going to be) and have no idea what could cause this.

Secondly- it seemed to be a very nice truck. i was very excited to buy it and now am wondering what would be a good price to pay for it as it sits? and the risks i could get into.

PLEASE post with any ideas, or advice on weather i should persue this truck or walk away and find something ellse.

ALSO here is the link of the truck:

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsde...x?OHID=4651663

Old 10-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

i would have the people that is selling the truck get it powered up before you buy it. then have it checked again by a third party.