Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   What to I need to make 550 HP (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/107392-what-i-need-make-550-hp.html)

BigSilverBullet 01-04-2013 03:00 PM

What to I need to make 550 HP

I'm wondering what I would need to get a good clean and safe 550 HP out of my truck and still be able to keep it as my daily driver? It will get a tranny once this one takes a crap, but until then the truck is stock other than the few mods in my sig. Look that over and any words of advise would be great and thank you!

That<_>Guy 01-04-2013 05:06 PM

With your mods now if you throw some 60hp injectors in, upgrade your lift pump (Fass or AD would be my choice), and turn up your CP3 pump you should be pretty close to 550. But if this is your daily driver I wouldnt try and run that much power until you upgrade the tranny, otherwise it's going to leave you stranded on the side of the road. That's just my opinion though. Maybe some one else with a little more knowledge will chim in and help you out. :hellox:

BigSilverBullet 01-07-2013 03:17 PM

Yes the tranny is going to be the first thing I upgrade on the list to hit the 550 mark. How do you go about turning up the CP3 pump? Also where do you think I would be sitting if I went to a 80-100 HP injectors or do you think that would be to much even though I had the AD done? Also do you think I should pay for the "hot unlock" on my Edge?:humm:

jkidd1 01-07-2013 11:21 PM

bag of parts kit to upgrade the cp3, injectors or nozzles a bigger turbo like the BD killer B. Your trans will surely need help.

That<_>Guy 01-08-2013 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by BigSilverBullet (Post 977759)
Yes the tranny is going to be the first thing I upgrade on the list to hit the 550 mark. How do you go about turning up the CP3 pump? Also where do you think I would be sitting if I went to a 80-100 HP injectors or do you think that would be to much even though I had the AD done? Also do you think I should pay for the "hot unlock" on my Edge?:humm:

Like jkidd said, a bag of parts kit for CP3, and if you go with 80-100hp injectors I would consider upgrading turbo as well, with that much fuel your going to need alot more air to go along with it. And yes hot unlock wouldnt be bad idea at all. And the AD 150 or 165 shouldnt have any problems keeping up. If you do all that you'll have a pretty nice setup, possibly in the 600hp range. :tu:

BigSilverBullet 01-08-2013 07:38 AM

This bag of parts comes from Industrial right? Thanks for the info and help guys!

That<_>Guy 01-08-2013 01:56 PM

Yup :hellox:

GC Diesel 01-30-2013 10:37 PM

From my experience I wouldnt do the injectors until you get more air to the motor. My 07 pushes 1600 to 1700 F with stock CP3 and injectors. If you put more fuel to it right now you will be in need of an exhaust manifold and tranny before long. Once you have upgraded the turbo I suggest going with injector tips from DDP versus replacing the entire injector you will save big bucks.

jkidd 02-04-2013 01:10 PM

if you install nozzles without running them on a test stand you are taking a big risk. Each injector an flow differently and more flow = bigger differences. It is not a bad idea to have them installed by a shop that can calibrate them or just get a new set of injectors. Seen a few engines go south because they were not balanced once installed.