5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

expanding my fleet

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expanding my fleet

Looking to expand my cummins fleet.I found a 03 with the following info...
2003 Dodge Cummins SLT Heavy Duty Turbo Diesel
Its a black four door with Chrome 17in wheels. Power locks, power windows, cruise control. Has Chrome grille and chrome panels on bottom of truck to compliment the wheels. Truck is sittng on 196xxx miles but runs great due to its upgrades and being a diesel. The exterior is in good shape, with it being 10 year old truck. Inside is in decent shape with black cloth interior. The drivers seat does have a tear in the seat and the dash is cracked but these are nothing uncommon when it comes to dodge interiors. glass on boost gauge is cracked but it is only 15 dollars for a new piece, just never got around to fixing it. Truck is in good shape I am just looking for something smaller because I travel alot.
Aftermarket features:

Hypertech Programmer
Banks Six Gun Performance Chip
LED interior lights
4in Straight pipe exaust
33in nitto terra grapplers
17in chrome wheels
wheel spacers
leveling kit
tow mirrors
tinted windows
rebuilt transmission
air dog fuel system
125hp injectors
boost and pyrometer gauges

He is asking 14,500

What do you guys think. I definitely have more experience with the 12 valve world so any and all advice is welcome. What should I ask the guy about?

He said he wants to sell to get another duramax (one of them guys)
Any advice will help thanks.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

i got a completly stock 97 12 valve for 12k.. an 03 with those pretty reliable mods depending on how you drive, heck yeah. but i mean 4 door for someone who travels alot shouldnt make a difference . Its a cummins you should always haggle prices though wink wink...

Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Diesel Fan

A value of a truck is what the buyer is willing to spend. check NADA, and do a carFax. With no pics, it's hard to say. What kind of build is in the tranny? Any upgrade to the turbo? I says on paper that it's not too bad, i did a quick search, and he is asking for the clean retail price. Have you driven it? Maybe upload some pics?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Id stick with 12 valves, that truck is gona start having front end issues with those miles. also this is just me but I would stay away from a automatic like it is the plauge. If it were me I would look for a stock truck because when a person puts a bunch of performance parts on it also means they probly have a heavy foot and the truck has probly been harmered

Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Diesel Fan

Im going to look at it this week. I dont have any pics on hand, but it looks spotless. Only cosmetic issues are crack in dash and tear in drivers seat.

Dont worry, I will be keeping the 12 valve. I just need a family oriented truck. The regular cab aint cutting it.

Tranny has billit input and output and triple disc converter. Has not said anything about a turbo upgrade, so Ill be checking that out when I get there. Have talked him down a little. hope to a little more once I get there.

I just really love the looks, the fact that it already has the exhaust and fuel system, so that I will not have to do that later. I will be changing the programmers to hopefully a edge juice with attitude and will be taking off the wheel spacers.

Do these trucks have the HE351?want to make sure Im looking for the right thing. I hope it does, because I have been looking for one for the first gen. would be nice to upgrade this and kill 2 birds with one stone.