Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   check engine code after some troubles starting... (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/105918-check-engine-code-after-some-troubles-starting.html)

minncountryboy 11-28-2012 05:45 PM

check engine code after some troubles starting...

Alright guys.. so I went to start my truck and it would turn over but the batts sorta died so i had to jump it sadly, and it was your average extreme cold start, it wasn't plugged in it.. n now a code, starts fine and all just wondering what the possibility would be must say when i jumped it never heard it crank over as fast as it did

H.R.D 11-28-2012 05:57 PM

What code you seeing?

minncountryboy 11-28-2012 06:57 PM

Havent scanned it yet.. but its running fine.. that's what confuses me lol.. last time I had a code for the intermittent power to ecu/pcm it didn't wanna start n that was solved by cleaning the cables, I'm just wondering if my batts are shot cause when i had them tested they were pretty shy of of goin to the bad sad I think one was at like 670 cca and the other was at 500 cca so I'm hoping its just batts

H.R.D 11-28-2012 07:15 PM

Get them tested again, good batteries are a vital component to a healthy truck. :c:

minncountryboy 11-28-2012 07:18 PM

Well and thing is there not the same cca rating and they looked a lil older when i bought the truck.. but will bad batts throw a code? And i tried the key on key off deal n it dont throe codes.. so ill scan it tomorrow and see what it shows... I really need to start pluggin it in haha thanks jerrod :c:

H.R.D 11-28-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by minncountryboy (Post 965921)
Well and thing is there not the same cca rating and they looked a lil older when i bought the truck.. but will bad batts throw a code? And i tried the key on key off deal n it dont throe codes.. so ill scan it tomorrow and see what it shows... I really need to start pluggin it in haha thanks jerrod :c:

You really do need two batteries rated the same, but dying batteries can cause all sorts of problems. So it very well could be your issue. Keep be updated when you scan it and we will go from there. :c:

minncountryboy 11-28-2012 07:23 PM

Alright.. another I noticed was the alternator running a tad higher then normal.. also

Diesel Addict101 11-28-2012 10:48 PM

Bad batteries = Faulty computer readings and control. Could easily throw a code.

minncountryboy 11-29-2012 06:11 PM

Thanks diesel addict I'm plannin on scannin it in the morning :c:

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

It was a Chrysler P1755 tranny power somthin.. but tranny is shifting perfect.. had batts tested they tested good but it was after a hour of running down the road.. so im pretty sure batts are in the nearest future for sure!