Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   got a question in regards to a programmer (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/101262-got-question-regards-programmer.html)

XTREMIST 08-26-2012 12:03 AM

got a question in regards to a programmer

im in the process right now of installing some new ss 60hp over stock injectors/tubes, an airdog 165 and an h&s mini max programmer. i was wondering if i should be installing a fuel pressure gauge to monitor the draw pressure from the tank (would be able to keep an eye on how the pump is doing). does anyone do this or am i out to lunch ? i know that the mini max will display rail pressure.... but im assuming that it wont display draw pressure out of the tank. any feedback is appreciated

thanks

H.R.D 08-26-2012 12:20 AM

I'm pretty sure the H&S will show FP. I would call them and ask before you got out and buy another gauge. I do recommend you keep an eye on FP. It is a good indicator of how your fuel system is behaving.

06blackXcab245 08-30-2012 01:20 PM

i got a 2006 with CTS insight, and theres no parameter in there for lift pump pressure like your describing most of the gauge setups though have where you can ad in other sensors i recently purchased the add a sensor kit so i can plumb in my low pressure fuel sensor.

biged681985 08-30-2012 01:41 PM

I do not believe they have a low pressure gauge for the H&S.

But IMO, it's not needed if u have an airdog and you also have a rail pressure gauge in the minimax. If your low pressure drops you will notice it in the rail pressure. And if your worried about lp I would just get a lp fuel light that hooks up to the airdog. And installs in the dash. When pressure drops below 7 iirc it will come on

XTREMIST 09-03-2012 08:04 PM

Pyro placement ?!

Its suggested in the instructions that the pyro sensor be drilled into the manifold (pre-turbo) as opposed to post turbo in the exhaust pipe. They say to grease the drill bit to catch the shavings.... Im still alittle concerned about still loosing some filings into the turbo and it looks like a big job to remove it altogether just to drill that hole. Has anyone ever had any issues with this ?! Comments/suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks guys

TheOtherNick 09-03-2012 09:00 PM

Have the engine running while you drill it, so it will blow out the shavings as u drill.

XTREMIST 09-03-2012 11:56 PM

start it and keep it running while you do it or just let it run long enough to build a bit of pressure (what the stupid book says) and then shut it off and drill it out ? would there be any worry of the turbo sucking the filings in if its running or will it have enough pressure to just blow it out ?

TheOtherNick 09-04-2012 12:55 PM

Leave it running while you drill it, the exhaust will want to push out the whole rather than spin the turbo.