Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Hard starts (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/99133-hard-starts.html)

RAW 07-12-2012 08:55 AM

Chances are the damage is done. The FASS may make it better though. When I bought my truck, the previous owner had an Edge Juice w/ Attitude on it, and ran the hell out of it. With a factory lift pump. I though I was going to have to put a new VP in very soon. That was 3 years ago. I babied the truck until my FASS was installed, and it's been good ever since.

EvanBoothe 07-12-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by RAWilliams (Post 914473)
Chances are the damage is done. The FASS may make it better though. When I bought my truck, the previous owner had an Edge Juice w/ Attitude on it, and ran the hell out of it. With a factory lift pump. I though I was going to have to put a new VP in very soon. That was 3 years ago. I babied the truck until my FASS was installed, and it's been good ever since.

Wow thats weird my truck when I bought it had a edge power sticker on it. I garuntee he ran the hell out of it too.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by RAWilliams (Post 914473)

So what would you do in my situation buy a pump or get a fass and wait it out.

RAW 07-12-2012 11:39 AM

I would start with the FASS, and see what happens. If you can get the pump diagnosed to be the problem, many vendors off a pump package. It would be the most economical route to go if you need both.

EvanBoothe 07-13-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by RAWilliams (Post 914511)
I would start with the FASS, and see what happens. If you can get the pump diagnosed to be the problem, many vendors off a pump package. It would be the most economical route to go if you need both.

I want to bluechipdiesels or whatever it's called he has a method to diagnos the pump going bad. I sprayed hot water on the pump the electric Pratt of it on top of the pump. Once i did that it started right up.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I'm not sure exactly what the best choice is. I know the pumps going bad there's no other reason for hard starts and I did that cold water thing. Should I still by a dads and maybe be able to get like another year out of the lump? How long will it last do u think

RAW 07-13-2012 10:02 AM

It might save it. Sounds like the lack of fuel flow over heated the electronics. Most of the time the electronics fail in these pumps, not mechanical hard parts. Extra flow for cooling MAY keep it running, but no guarantees.

EvanBoothe 07-13-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RAWilliams (Post 914840)
It might save it. Sounds like the lack of fuel flow over heated the electronics. Most of the time the electronics fail in these pumps, not mechanical hard parts. Extra flow for cooling MAY keep it running, but no guarantees.

Is there anyway to relocate this pmd or whatever is on the pump?

RAW 07-13-2012 01:04 PM

Not that I have heard or seen of anywhere. Proper fuel flow solves the problem of electronics overheating 99.99% of the time.

EvanBoothe 07-13-2012 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by RAWilliams (Post 914882)
Not that I have heard or seen of anywhere. Proper fuel flow solves the problem of electronics overheating 99.99% of the time.

Sounds good to me, I will be buying a FASS next week. Which is better in your opinion the 1 filter or 2 filter model? Just wondering because one is quiet a bit cheaper but has the same gph's.