Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Vacuum Problems? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/98863-vacuum-problems.html)

scottmorgan 07-06-2012 09:12 AM

Vacuum Problems?

i noticed the other day that my a/c would only blow to the windshield. i thought i was going to have to take out the dash and fix a vacum line, but i tryed to use my factory jake break that night and it didnt work ether. it also uses vacum with an electric switch. i tryed to use my four wheel drive on the fourth of july and it would not acuat ether. is there any reason my hole truck has no vacum?

doublehbar 07-07-2012 12:32 AM

Yep, just dealt with this. Check the vacuum line that runs down from a T that sits on the drivers side along the top. That line runs down to the vacuum pump(I think this the correct part. Learning here and I confuse stuff sometimes.lol) If the fittings are rotted a little, you have found the culprit, electrical tape will get you through until you can get the correct parts. When I had a ride and some time I pulled everything off and ran down to the auto parts store. Doesn't have the exact same parts as the factory ones anymore but everything is working great.

lines24v 07-07-2012 08:10 AM

I have the same problem accept my fourwheel works and when my truck gets into overdrive it starts pulsating.. so would that be the same cuz its driving me nuts :bat:

doublehbar 07-07-2012 10:57 PM

lines- I don't have a clue for your situation. Maybe one of the more experienced members will see this and help you figure it out. Might even try starting a thread so you can list the problem in the title.

On a side note: My baby hit 300k today! :c:

Dodgemanstan 07-07-2012 11:47 PM

What do you mean pulsating? Like surge of power on and off? Elaborate a little more...doesn't sound like a vacuum line for power surging like that. Maybe on a gasser... idk.

wyodiesel92 07-08-2012 12:15 AM

Sounds like your "surging" may be the converter cycling lock/unlock. Definately not a vacuum issue.

lines24v 07-09-2012 05:03 PM

Idk its just weird it seem's like pulsating just how the rpm's are going up and then back down and i put a thread open so feel free to comment on that, wyodiesel92 thats what my bro was kinda thinking but then i found a bad vaccum line so i started looking into that and thank you everyone

Dorothy 07-24-2012 02:52 AM

Hi dear i also have similar problem my car used to much diesel and am worried about it.
suggest me some useful tips or other advises to recur it .

pukie370 07-24-2012 03:05 AM

there is a elbow that get hot and melt if you run hard above turbo. it is hard to see untill you pull apart.

Dodgemanstan 07-24-2012 07:50 AM

Usually all the vacuum line dealing with defrost and stuff are along the fire wall towards the top. I had the same issue with my 98.5 and it was just the T fitting above the turbo for the a/c of course. Never had a 4x4 issue before...