Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Plugged fuel filter, replaced not firing (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/98124-plugged-fuel-filter-replaced-not-firing.html)

Cumminsnewb 06-22-2012 12:36 AM

Plugged fuel filter, replaced not firing

I'm new to the site have been reading for tips for some time decided to join, need to ask my own question
I was getting free fuel from a drilling rig and stored it in cleaned out 10/40 oil barrels.
Ran 1000L over spring break and drive back to work broke. It's running great
Few days latter it's idling down as I let it do after driving it hard. I leave to move some chems with my hoe. When I get back it's not running fuel issue right ?
Trace from tank up fuel filter is plugged with oil LOTS.
Change it still no fire bleed injectors it trys to start but no luck.
Now there question lol. Can diluted oil plug injectors ? Or what else could it be? Yes I will try leering them again cause I'm in the middle of no where. In 2 feet of mud.
If I do need injectors what would be a upgrade for a almost stock truck.
Edge chip 5" turbo back k&n intake Valair street duel disc clutch

ducktape 06-22-2012 09:24 AM

did you refill the fuel filter canister with fuel????

RAW 06-24-2012 09:37 AM

Have you bled the low pressure system? You can do so by cracking open the return fitting in the VP44, and bumping the starter. The fuel pump will run for 25 seconds or so, and should push any and all air out of the system.

Cumminsnewb 06-24-2012 03:29 PM

Yea I refilled it
But no I never opened the return I just tryed bleeding the injectors.
5 sprayed but 1-4 never. They just slowly keeled out. I'll try the return line

photomonkey 06-26-2012 03:50 PM

You might try pulling the line beween the VP and the fuel canister and bump the starter until you're getting clean fuel out. Then you resume with your bleeding... Sometimes you can get away with cracking just a few injector lines and letting the ones that fire spin it until they are all good... But with the amount of schmutz that you say was in the canister you might crack them all, at the injector end, until you are getting clean fuel or firing.

When they're stubborn having two people helps... One to man the throttle and key and another to tighten the lines when they start spurting fuel.

Good luck!

empty wallet 06-26-2012 05:52 PM

Your mods don't list pusher pump, do you have anything to monitor fuel pressure? I could only imagine what fuel pressure would be with filter visibly clogged, coulda smoked your vp. scan it for codes.

Cumminsnewb 06-26-2012 06:54 PM

Yes I just but the bullet here. I'm sure it's the intector pump. Ordered new Raptor 150 Hi-Perf Pump w/Built-In Adj Reg Quick Valair Valair input shaft upgrade Dual Disc Clutch with Organic Facings 1 EDG31100 JUICE W/ATTITUDE Integrity Plus Injectors - set of 6 100hp and a vp44 hotrod injector pump. Should clear any problem I was having