Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   New Truck (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/9740-new-truck.html)

NukleusX 02-19-2008 04:30 AM

New Truck

OK, so I am not sure if this is going to happen, though its a LONG shot at most. I found this truck on craigslist and the price is un-beatable for whats being offered.

SLT LARIAT 1999 Dodge Ram 2500

In a previous listing the guy said it has some 98k miles on it. Leaves me to belive it is an older fellow selling the truck, and the VP is soon to go out. I am a 12v guy myself though this truck for the sale price is waaaaay too nice to just be passed up. I am going to be talking to my father and/my bank first thing in the AM about figuring out how I can get this truck, even if it means putting my 12v up for collateral (which I paid $6600 for a little over a year ago, with 3x as many miles on the clock. not listed in the ad is the truck only has 98k miles).

IF this can happen I will be one happy camper, though as I said it is a longshot that has to be gone over with my dad, mom, and my bank.

IF it goes through perhaps I may be the owner of not just my 94 12v but also a 99 24v. We shall see, we shall see.

Parking will be a biotch IF I do get the truck. lol lol lol

2001shrtbedcummins 02-19-2008 08:10 AM

you suck. that's all there is too it.

CumminsCrazed 02-19-2008 08:45 AM

and your manual driving skills are suckier yet jeremy. I saw you try and drive my truck. It was a pretty hillarious site....

2001shrtbedcummins 02-19-2008 08:48 AM

okay, it's not hard to drive a stick. I've gotten it down damn good here within a week or so. Get it and give it to me...you can have my fat arse first gen in trade...lol.

Johnny Cetane 02-19-2008 12:49 PM

Just be careful with this. There's a lot of this going around CL right now. There was a 2001 Jetta TDI in CL not too long ago. Mileage was less than 100K, pics looked mint, asking price was $3800. I checked CL in several cities and found the same car and ad in 4 different cities. Scum bags are putting these ads up left and right with pictures and unbelievable pricing. It's usually a scam. Make sure you do your homework with this. I hope it's legit. :U:

jitt08 02-19-2008 12:57 PM

I bout my truck for $6500 and its a drw 2x4 not bad the guy need money in a badway.

CumminsCrazed 02-19-2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2001shrtbedcummins (Post 121779)
okay, it's not hard to drive a stick. I've gotten it down damn good here within a week or so. Get it and give it to me...you can have my fat arse first gen in trade...lol.

hah, he gave up within a half block of my house and didnt understand the concept of clutch in shift and clutch out etc.

Mopar1973Man 02-19-2008 03:39 PM

Dang... On a good day I can usually get a really good row on my stick and make good ground against a auto tranny...

I think you guys need a leason or two...:poak:

2001shrtbedcummins 02-19-2008 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man (Post 121885)
Dang... On a good day I can usually get a really good row on my stick and make good ground against a auto tranny...

I think you guys need a leason or two...:poak:

yea, I need to do some pump work...it's a dog till boost comes up.

NukleusX 02-20-2008 12:51 AM

Yeah after finding out it was not local (was listed locally though is actually in AZ), I am kind of not very interested. If it had been closer I would have gone to look at it. The e-mail reply I got seemed a little scam-like as well though since I am disregarding this, alls I can say is that- Oh well.

There IS a legit 96 12v ext cab lb 4x4 for sale here in the city I am in (I think ive seen it around before) though it is going for $7000 and I cant scrape up that kind of change right now. I am trying to get a few different friends to look at if not buy the thing-

edit/add: Zach, and for the record, I was not driving the truck by your house, I was driving it by Chris' house. Get your memories in line bud! lol