Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Intercooler boots (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/90721-intercooler-boots.html)

Cody Cummins 02-03-2012 01:20 PM

Intercooler boots

Was chexking my truck over the other night i was getting 72psi and now only getting 62psi, i came up with my intake filter being pretty dirty and my intercooler boot on the passenger side has a hole through the rubber but not through the nylon, did a little research and couldnt find just a single boot for sale can anyone point me to one?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

bristoy 02-03-2012 10:10 PM

google intercoolers,i'm sure you'll find many places to look.

UglyTruck 02-04-2012 07:27 AM

I think he was hoping to get a response out of one of the supporting vendors here. trying to "Shop local" to our forum so to speak. I usually do. :tu:
I personally live in an area where there are not alot of diesel shops, and the few that are around are blue oval or bowtie specific so there are not many places for me to turn for advice on my "Noisy Effin' Mopar". unless I want told to buy a different truck. This site offers alot of interaction availability for people like me who have the ability but not the background in diesel specific applications. I have spent a fair amount of money through this site, but nowhere near the amount that this site has saved me over the past couple of years. I feel I have gotten my monies worth and don't mind giving back to the sponsors.
But I do think he would have had better luck in the Price Quote forum.

Diesel Dawgs Performance 02-04-2012 08:47 AM

We offer full kits but no single boots.

Luke

01ISX 02-04-2012 01:07 PM

full kit best way to go.. go ahead replace them all .. but go to Peak diesel performance u can buy single ones i Believe ! or the whole kit for 190 bucks they say there boots hold up to 100psi ...

01quadcab 02-04-2012 09:28 PM

buy a set of mr bobs boots and never have to worry again. they may cost more but they live. I had a buddy blow up every other brand out there then went to bobs and no more issues

Cody Cummins 02-05-2012 11:54 AM

Well i build cranes for a living and the grove cranes use cummins motors, i talked to a buddy of mine to see if he could get me one, the orange colored ones are the atrongest correct?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

wyodiesel92 02-05-2012 04:53 PM

Orange ones are thicker than blue that get used on those big engines, the orange is for hot side and blue for cold. I had used one on my old truck to get me by, I got a small section for my local international and just had to trim it to fit. It held up to 35psi but im not sure I'd run it up to 72psi. The nicer ones have rings on them to help the boot hold shape and not balloon but I wouldn't chance it And run that much boost on them. They are pretty thick especially if you wantto compare to stock boots but I think you'd blow it. Try it and see but make sure you don't pay too much for it.