Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   SAFE FUEL PSI LEVELS ? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/83653-safe-fuel-psi-levels.html)

johnkid 09-26-2011 11:39 AM

SAFE FUEL PSI LEVELS ?

hey everyone so i recently drop the cash and got a hot rod vp44 from industrial injection and 75hp dragon fly injectors along with a air dog 2 df-165 and i wanna know whats a good fuel pressure psi to be idling at and what not to let the psi drop past ? :humm:

Cutterw 09-26-2011 12:09 PM

15 to 18 idle and keep above 10

Farmboy 2.0 09-26-2011 12:10 PM

No more than 20 at a idle and no less 10 at WOT. I normally set up my AD2's DF-165 at 19PSI at a idle.

johnkid 09-26-2011 04:53 PM

ok so ill set it @ 19psi idle and see where i go from there . now i tow with with this truck say about 14k 5thwheel probbaly twice a month . i have not yet towed with these new mods yet but is it normal to see my turbo boosting higher my egts getting high faster ? i noticed engine temp going up to i was wondering if i should throw in a colder thermostat oppose to the stock one that opens @ 180 and a external oil cooler ???

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

hey scott so i adjusted it to 19-20 idle so far so good , but when i go to power brake it at about 10lbs of boost 1,800 rpm and 16psi of fuel pressure the truck boggs kinda feels like its governed not to go more than that what do you thinks wrong ?

empty wallet 09-26-2011 04:59 PM

Sure your egt's will be higher and you'll boost more if you're allowing... what other mods do you have? programmer?

Hell with what it's doing on a tranny killing powerbrake get on an on-ramp and put it to the boards.

johnkid 09-26-2011 05:16 PM

this what i got on it .... i got injectors , hotrod vp 44 and diablo power puck 50hp onboard plug in , sb intake , banks monster ram w/4" boost tube , 3.5 down pipe to 4" exhaust , and flexalite fans ,and a airdog 2 df-165 .......could it be my diablo plug in screwin it all up i feel like that diable tuner was just designed for the stock truck with stock vp44 . i mean its says the diablo •Automatically remaps the fuel delivery of your injection pump and advances injection-timing curve to the ideal operating levels across the entire RPM range , im sure not enough to hurt the hotrod injection pump and new injectors but i feel like its messing with the fuel psi levels

turbo20psi 09-26-2011 07:43 PM

Johnkid... the 01 and 02's have a lets say torque control (Torque management) so you don't toast the transmission it will reduce power. Bogging effect.

johnkid 09-26-2011 08:07 PM

turbo20psi ! so does that bogging effect even happen when i hammer it off the line part way through full throttle ? oh i also found out my diablo power puck has a warning if your truck is running modified injectors and a modified pump to have your wastegate modified as well i took it off and the truck doesnt bogg as bad fuel pressure stays @ 10psi at wot and egts dont climb as fast as well as my turbo boost lowering only seeing a max of 25psi max

turbo20psi 09-26-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by johnkid (Post 803209)
turbo20psi ! so does that bogging effect even happen when i hammer it off the line part way through full throttle ? oh i also found out my diablo power puck has a warning if your truck is running modified injectors and a modified pump to have your wastegate modified as well i took it off and the truck doesnt bogg as bad fuel pressure stays @ 10psi at wot and egts dont climb as fast as well as my turbo boost lowering only seeing a max of 25psi max

Yep the autos for these years will bogg to a point.

johnkid 09-27-2011 10:32 PM

so i figured it out my power puck has a warning if your running injectors and a modified injection pump along with lift pump to modify your wastegate so i took the power puck off the truck since i don't have funds to get the wastegate right now bc it was creating boost levels as high as 35psi easily and Egts climb way to fast for my comfort since the puck remaps the fuel setup . they say they make a optional boost control for the the thing but i figure i chuck it and get something more real and adjustable . on another note my psi levels idle @ 17-18-19psi and when i hammer on it never passes 10 occasionally sees a 9 . but the problem now is 1st shifting to 2nd when i hammer on it off the line @ 10-15psi of boost so the bogging im getting seems to be the turbo after it climbs 2nd more it opens up and goes smoothly . so whats my issue now ? :humm: