Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   will it bolt up? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/74946-will-bolt-up.html)

nor cal cumins 04-20-2011 06:13 PM

will it bolt up?

im doing a nv4500 swap into my 01 cummins... right now it has a 47re bolted up to a nv241t case.. if i buy a nv4500 that came out of a 4wd diesel will it bolt up to my t case? thanks for ur time.

banditsdiesel 04-21-2011 01:44 AM

as long as the trans is out of a 4x4 everything should work on the t-case worst off you might have to do is change the adapter plate. but im pretty sure its all the same

nor cal cumins 04-21-2011 10:45 AM

cool thanks.. when you say adapter plate.. would tht be somthing thats aftermarket or is that what would have been bolted up to the orignal set up that im getting the trans from? basically im getting everything i need from an auto dismount... petals, trans, bellhousing, drivelines, exexe bla bla bla. So it would save me a pretty bug chunk of change if i could just use my stock t case:humm:

banditsdiesel 04-21-2011 02:47 PM

the adapter plate i refered to is the engine to trans mount. the cummins is a universal engine and the aluminum plate between the trans and engine can be changed to fit almost any transmission on the market. i think all the dodge transmissions use the same bell housing bolt patern though but i could be wrong. im pretty sure its all the same from 94-07. but the g56 might be the one thats not the same.

nor cal cumins 04-21-2011 03:07 PM

ill trust ya on tht one.. thanks.. weel see if it works

turbostang7 04-21-2011 05:00 PM

your stock transfercase has a differnet input than the manual, wont just bolt up at least when i did the swap, the trans crosmember is the same, and the bellhousing is the same fairly straight forward swap just bolt it in and go kinda deal, the rear driveline works but the front will have to be modified by the way,

nor cal cumins 04-21-2011 05:07 PM

So did u change the shaft or did you just get a whole new t case

turbostang7 04-21-2011 08:40 PM

Re: will it bolt up?

I got a different case with the trans, im sure it would be easy to swap the shaft in it though never done one so not positive, plus you might have troubles with the ecm/pcm in it they will kinda freak out with the swap some get away with it I didn't. I have a gage cluster for a manual truck if you decide to swap the pcm mine wouldn't communicate with it so I had to go auto ( I swapped manual to auto)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

biged681985 04-21-2011 08:55 PM

ill second what stang said, the output shafts are different from the auto to the manuals. easiest thing to do is swap the t-case input. your drive shafts will need cut also. one needs lengthened, the other shortened :tu: