Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   what is a smoke kill kit? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/69009-what-smoke-kill-kit.html)

arobertson 01-27-2011 07:28 PM

what is a smoke kill kit?

Ok so iv seen it all on the forums... what is a smoke kill kit? iv never heard of it.

DieselWeasel 01-27-2011 08:26 PM

Unplugging your MAP sensor! :D
When my MAP died it gave like NO fuel! No fuel - no smoke. Good fuel mileage though! :w2:

I never heard of it either... Perhaps it IS something like that so if a cop sees you in some liberal tree hugger state?

I head of a smoke switch but that will get you flamed on here! haha

arobertson 01-28-2011 12:01 PM

yeah i love my smoke lol.... tree huggers

dukeboy_318 01-28-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by arobertson (Post 698113)

its not because of Environmental concerns that will get you flamed, its because smoke switches trick your map sensor and computer into dumping max fuel by tricking the ECM into thinking you hav full boost when you dont actually have it. While fun, itll actually fry your ECM over time and can damage any boxes you may have on your truck. It can also take out your map sensor and some have reported the electronics in the VP44 frying after installing this switch. This is why most people on here hate hearing any questions about it. And im one of those that cringe at the thought of putting one on, trust me, from experience, smoke switches are junk and ill-advised. Some may have the potential hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to replace the stuff it fries, but i dont . hope that helps :c:

DieselWeasel 01-28-2011 08:24 PM

I get my smoke the real way... ADR on stage 10 :rocking:

TOTALLY sorry for derailing this thread! Sorry about that!

Cody Cummins 01-29-2011 01:16 AM

Yeah, no need for some boost fooling switches here lol it smokes even when i dont want it too, but oh well it's still fun :c:

DieselWeasel 01-29-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Cummins (Post 698416)
Yeah, no need for some boost fooling switches here lol it smokes even when i dont want it too, but oh well it's still fun :c:

What kinda power are you laying down?

SilverStallion 01-29-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by arobertson (Post 698113)

hey me too! lol im from farmington and i havent seen u around. you oughta come into farmington on the weekends and meet up with some of us other coal rollers! :rocking:

Cody Cummins 01-29-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 698459)
What kinda power are you laying down?

not exactly sure, just bought the truck 2 weeks ago, was told that its over 500, im gonna dyno it this summer and find out, it moves like a rocket though

arobertson 01-31-2011 08:34 AM

ohh yeah iv heard of that. no im not one of them guys to f with electronics on the truck. im even against stacking chips. stop being a cheap ass and buy parts that it needs. if you cant pee like a big dog...stay on the porch:rocking: