Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   help choosing (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/56223-help-choosing.html)

pipeliner1000 08-09-2010 05:13 AM

help choosing

ive a 98.5dually w/ edge j w/a, and air dog 150, sb clutch, so my question is wat comes next, smarty or injectors, i really have no personal knowledge of either additions so im in need of advice

Jazz 08-09-2010 06:14 AM

You may want to think about a Turbo and then some injectors. My honest opinion you will get more out of injectors than you would the smarty since you already have the edge juice. Not sure if you have upgraded your turbo yet but if you haven't you will definitely want to if your going to be running some bigger injectors to get full use out of them.

crzycummins 08-09-2010 06:59 AM

i agree. you can go either way on that one but know that when you upgrade your injectors you will be getting higher egt's without a larger turbo. also without the greater airflow of a bigger turbo the injectors wont come to life like they will with. and then the smarty. youve already got one tool...the jwa. now you can couple it with some other mods to complimennt it.:tu:

SaltwateR.CowboY 08-09-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by crzycummins (Post 602201)
i agree. you can go either way on that one but know that when you upgrade your injectors you will be getting higher egt's without a larger turbo. also without the greater airflow of a bigger turbo the injectors wont come to life like they will with. and then the smarty. youve already got one tool...the jwa. now you can couple it with some other mods to complimennt it.:tu:

I know this is totally off topic and all but could i ask where you got your gauges in your picture? The blue looks awesome! :tu:

And as for the question, I would do a turbo and injector upgrade at the same time if possible, you kinda need both to keep the air/fuel ratio good. It just depends on how much money your wanting to spend at one time. Good Luck!

1st_gen_puller 08-09-2010 06:55 PM

Injectors for sure!!!! most noticeable difference i've done to mine so far... you'll need to get rid of some exhaust gas though..
:jump:

Diesel Dawgs Performance 08-10-2010 12:11 PM

Injectors and a Turbo :tu:

scottsjeeprolet 08-10-2010 08:27 PM

You'll be just fine with your HX35 and a nice set of injectors.
I'm running the Mach 3's and love them. HX does just fine with them and the Adrenaline. But soon i will have a 35/40 installed. Just waiting on the compressor cover.

mxtuner1 08-11-2010 01:19 PM

Injectors first - you already have a box- and then Intercooler to cool it. Instead of intercooler you can go the alternate route - water meth injection - you will gain more power and cool egt's. You will have to watch the tank level though. A bigger turbo will hurt response a little so do turbo last if you tow or a lot of street driving.

pipeliner1000 08-13-2010 01:48 AM

yeah, any thoughts on what additional (to stock) turbo to go with after injectors?