Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   DiPricol gauge (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/28396-dipricol-gauge.html)

Fiveseven 06-29-2009 11:32 PM

I dont have a stock fuel system I got the air dog 100

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

O one more thing I filled up the gauge part with liquid silicone but it did spilled a little there were air bubbles on the hoes will that affect the pressure reading?

Mopar1973Man 06-30-2009 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Fiveseven (Post 357824)
O one more thing I filled up the gauge part with liquid silicone but it did spilled a little there were air bubbles on the hoes will that affect the pressure reading?

Oh... Isolator... Yuck... Yes... Those air bubble do effect the gauge operation.

So yeah the pressure reading is most likely lower from the air bubbles...

Typically AirDog is up around 15-18 PSI...

Fishin2Deep4U 06-30-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fiveseven (Post 357824)

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

A little air in the gauge line will not have any effect on normal operation. Also, pressures will read exactly the same either way.

The reason why we use glycol or silicon is to use a non compressible liquid in the line. Actually, they will compress, but far less than air. The reason this is done is do that the throw of the isolator is lessened to obtain the same pressure reading. In other words, the isolator diaphragm has to move further if only air is in the line. So, if you are at or near the travel limit of the diaphragm, you may get incorrect readings. However,when air is compressed or a liquid is compressed the end reading will be exactly the same.

Remember to always reset an isolator upon an install. Just pull the fitting on the gauge side and gently push it back to the engine side with a blunt object. I like to use a pencil eraser. This gives you full travel.

Dave

Mr.Krabs 07-01-2009 03:25 PM

Isolators bah.:booo:

Mopar1973Man 07-01-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Krabs (Post 358601)
Isolators bah.:booo:

I agree with ya... But some people still try...:w2:

Fishin2Deep4U 07-01-2009 05:36 PM

isolators to me serve to save the gauge more than anything else.

We get calls every day about how a customer has a gauge rattle. They want it warrantied, but removed the isolator. The isolator serves as a shock absorber for the system. Since most people do not understand how a snubber is supposed to function and or cannot build one of their own, an isolator fits the bill for 99% of the public.

A lot of guys don't trust isolators and that's fine. But when working correctly, they do serve a great purpose in the fuel system.

In fact, in some areas they are required by law.

Dave