Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Going amsoil? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/25638-going-amsoil.html)

nccummins 04-20-2009 10:01 PM

Heath,

I had an account set up and that is actually what started me on getting this done. Already ordered the oil for my truck, moms car, and filters as we have both been running it for a while. All this stuff with be ordered sometime next week :U:

Thanks for the help!

beano 04-22-2009 12:02 AM

I run the 5w30 in the engine. Change it every 15,000. No probs. Saves me time and money. Whats not to like. Also just changed out my tranny fluid with what amsoil suggests. Also love how you can look everything up right on there website to see what you need.

Ben

nccummins 04-22-2009 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by beano (Post 327769)
I run the 5w30 in the engine. Change it every 15,000. No probs. Saves me time and money. Whats not to like. Also just changed out my tranny fluid with what amsoil suggests. Also love how you can look everything up right on there website to see what you need.

Ben

I like that as well.

01quadcab 04-22-2009 11:36 AM

I was going that route but when the headgasket goes bang it's time for an oil change. Was a little over 10k on the oil.

nccummins 04-22-2009 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 01quadcab (Post 327964)
I was going that route but when the headgasket goes bang it's time for an oil change. Was a little over 10k on the oil.

:U:

Johnny Z 04-23-2009 08:54 PM

seems as though everything i have read on here about the NV4500 being partial to certain gear oil, and it seems the majority of people on here recommend Redline for this app.Ill give it a try, if I dont like it ill switch it out.

01quadcab 04-23-2009 11:27 PM

ahh I was just curious.

Heath 04-24-2009 08:32 AM

I used the amsoil 75W-90 GL-4 gear lube in my NV4500 with no problems. Ran it 30,000 before I sold it.

rivercat 04-25-2009 01:34 PM

Would go with the 120-75 severe gear much more popular
the slip lock isn't needed
all amsoil gear oils have it in them already

and as far as the claybar You can find it anywhere like autozone or advance

I could be wrong but that is what I recall it saying on the back of the gear oil I used LAST

Im not much on all these "DEALERS" that were gona let you buy unneeded product:booo:

But yes :U: I love amsoil too and I recomend figureing out what you will need in the future and order it now as all oil is only going to increase in price.

The blame oil I use in my boat is upto $30s a gallon before shipping!!!

01quadcab 04-26-2009 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by rivercat (Post 329399)
Would go with the 120-75 severe gear much more popular
the slip lock isn't needed
all amsoil gear oils have it in them already

and as far as the claybar You can find it anywhere like autozone or advance

I could be wrong but that is what I recall it saying on the back of the gear oil I used LAST

Im not much on all these "DEALERS" that were gona let you buy unneeded product:booo:

But yes :U: I love amsoil too and I recomend figureing out what you will need in the future and order it now as all oil is only going to increase in price.

The blame oil I use in my boat is upto $30s a gallon before shipping!!!

He is not ordering items he doesn't need.

"AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR® is compatible with most limited slip differentials. If limited slip differential chatter occurs, add AMSOIL Slip-Lock™ friction modifier additive."

Isn't better to be prepared then to need to get some slip lock later because your lsd is chattering? AMSOIL gear oil does not have slip lock in it, it's just a possibility that with the synthetic that you don't need slip lock. But to just have to order slip lock out the shipping is killer. So he is better off with it. AMSOIL has lowered their prices in march and april. Just wanted to straighten this out.