Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   TIMBO APPS (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/19200-timbo-apps.html)

bjdiesel 12-06-2008 04:54 PM

TIMBO APPS

I ordered a new APPS from TIMBO and installed it today. I havent driven very far yet but I have already seen a smoother idle and crisper throttle. Timbo was quick to responed to emails and had the APPS shipped with a tracking number, I got it in three days. Very easy install, it took about 20 minutes. Recommend to anybody who might be needing a new apps. Thanks TIMBO.:U:

Dr. Evil 12-06-2008 07:12 PM

Ive seen this posted on other sites today - looks a lot like free advertising for TIMBO

DB Admin 12-06-2008 08:09 PM

Who is Gabbo , i Mean TIMBO

bjdiesel 12-06-2008 08:55 PM

Sorry. I am not trying to give free advertising for this guy. I would like to pass along to fellow bombers that there is a possible solution to the "dead pedal" "surging" possibly shifting issues. TIMBO01 on a different site has found and after market "APPS" for 2nd gen Dodges. He take a Williams APPS and wires on a dodge plug. It is nearly plug and play product, and is much cheaper than buying a new dodge APPS. I orderd mine for 160.00 including shipping. I put mine in today and so far it is great. I can post contact info for this if you want. But i will wait for permission don't want any :bat::ouch:

Dr. Evil 12-06-2008 09:04 PM

OK, thanks.

We do appreciate the info.

DB Admin 12-06-2008 10:05 PM

Send him an Invite here :U:

Mopar1973Man 12-07-2008 09:50 AM

He's based over on DTR.com. I seem to be banned from there but... I would love to have more information on his APPS...

mishkaya 12-07-2008 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man (Post 247853)
He's based over on DTR.com. I seem to be banned from there but... I would love to have more information on his APPS...

PM Sent
mishkaya

bjdiesel 12-07-2008 02:09 PM

i sent a invite to him to join DB. I i will tell you about the one i have. He charges 160.00 shipping incuded. I got mine in three days. I took no more than 20-25 min to install from start to finish, the hardest part was the voltage adjustment. He includes a paper clip so you dont have to check at the firewall. instruction are easy to follow. The apps bolt directly in place on the old one and plugs directly into the wire harness. The voltage is adjusted with the idle set screw. Very easy. To order all you have to do is send an email to him timbom1976@aol.com and he will return with a paypal order or you can use a money order. Hope this is what you are looking for.

kazairl 12-08-2008 08:59 AM

Actually that particular fix included a lot more guys than just TIMBO. The fix(and there is more than one) was discovered by quite a few guys spending their money and time on trying to find an inexpensive solution to the problem. Though I think Timbo is the only one who sells the kit for it. The others requires some D-I-Y but they are a lot cheaper.

If you really want the full scoop go here: Anatomy of an APPS - The SEQUEL!. I think the original was over 17 pages and took a couple years from start to finish. If you want to know what the APPS is/what it does/and what it looks inside feel free to browse the original.