24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

lost power need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost power need advice

Hi guys I put in a edge comp a couple months back along with a raptor 150 and all has been great untill the other day I was pulling my work trailer and noticed I was still set on 5 so I adjusted it to 2 on the fly and it hesitated and ever since that I've lost about half my power. Lift pump seems to be working just fine fuel gage is still reading 19 like it has sense day 1. Also installed a big banks wastegate when I did everything else. Ordered a code reader but hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

To check codes without a scanner, turn the key on off on off on and any codes will show in the odometer.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loss power

So thought maybe it was a boost problem so last night I pulled the tubo function tested my banks wastgate and it seemed fine I put 2 turns on to up my boost some and today back to normal running down the highway like a raped ape. Check engine light however remains to be on. I do kind of feel like it's a coincidence that it's running good I don't feel that I have found the actual problem kind of Clueless