Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   To P-Pump or not to P-Pump?... (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/131613-p-pump-not-p-pump.html)

amishnightmare88 09-13-2016 07:31 AM

To P-Pump or not to P-Pump?...

So, I knew to the forums, what up!!, but I ha e read tons of threads on here and figured why not join!? I have recently sold a truck that I bought new last year because I now have a company truck and I could not understand why I was paying $700 a month for a truck I hardly ever drive. So, with that being said, I am looking to build a 24v engine. I have all the tools and equipment needed to rebuild an engine and have a good friend that owns a machine shop. I have never really messed with 24v engines a lot. I hap replaced a couple VP44's but out factory ones back on and replaced a clutch on one. I had 2 03's Dodges and then an 06 throughout the years. I know the 98.5-02 trucks you can chip, program, put in big stixs, and do all kids of stuff. BUT, I have been reading up on P-Pumping it. A good friend of mine said if you get the right pump, like the SO pump, I would be able to get more power out of it than if I had it chipped, programmed, and all that. Not that I'm doubting him, I am just wondering if anyone has done this and what kind of luck they have had with it. I am wanting 7-800hp rwhp. I have however long it takes to build this, so I'm not pressed for time and I'm going to save to buy the parts I want. So if I P-Pumped it, what else would have to be added to get the 7-800hp? Engine wise? Thanks fellas!

1st_gen_puller 09-13-2016 01:42 PM

As you now know I'm in the process.. I've had a respectable 24v for a while.. I like it the way it is but I found a smoking deal on a kit..if you can afford it. P pump it and compound turbo it.. that's what I'm working towards..

amishnightmare88 09-13-2016 08:24 PM

I haven't put much thought to doing twins yet. It is a good idea. I knew a couple guys that had twins. They continually had head gasket issues. The 100 hp per each cylinder he had prolly didn't help eaither but he had entirely to much time and money... I have neither of those lol. But I'm looking at getting an engine tranny and engine harness. I don't really need the truck yet. I have to get some stuff paid down then I can start dumping money into it.

1st_gen_puller 09-13-2016 09:41 PM

Ya. I'm almost considering putting my ported polished ringed studded 24v head on the 12 valve and putting it in my truck now.. then selling the 24v long block and the 12v head.. and the vp44 stuff..

amishnightmare88 09-14-2016 08:48 AM

So your from MO? Idk where Kingsville is, but I use to work in cassville at a shop a good friend of mine owns. They are having a pull in Seligman next weekend we are going too.

1st_gen_puller 10-17-2016 06:33 AM

Ya I am.. it's west central mo

Nebraska Cummins 01-20-2019 09:01 PM

Hello I am new to Diesel Bomber. Can anyone help me find info installing a P pump on a 6.7?

Crawler 01-21-2019 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nebraska Cummins (Post 1151559)
Hello I am new to Diesel Bomber. Can anyone help me find info installing a P pump on a 6.7?

Its best if you start a new thread. Just to keep everything clear.

That being said, it is a pricey process to p pump a common rail.

Start a a new thread and I’ll point you in the right direction.