Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   no idea whats wrong fass issues (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/126527-no-idea-whats-wrong-fass-issues.html)

gumborancher 04-16-2015 09:27 AM

no idea whats wrong fass issues

Alright to start with my pickup was running and driving without problems until two months ago wen I put my fass platinum on. The issue started immediately after, it would start great but as soon as I put it in gear (auto sadly) it will die then fire right up and go into gear no problem. Now about two weeks ago I got my fuel pressure gauge set up and put a sump in thinking it was possibly a draw straw issue. Fuel pressure is 3-4 psi before start and never lower than 13 psi at wot and after sump install I'm having hard starts always no codes except an occasional over boost I'm really flipping confused sure would appreciate some opinions thanks in advance and sorry for the long post:argh:

RanchhandTCR 04-16-2015 06:28 PM

Whats your pressure at idle? if its over 22PSI you need to adjust it down, your suffocationg the injection pump.

gumborancher 04-17-2015 12:01 PM

Only about 14 at idle and between 15 and 16 cruisi at hwy speeds.

Renteria1217 04-17-2015 09:50 PM

Your fuel pressure goes from 14 at idle to 15/16 highway. That sounds backwords. Anyway if your fuel pressure is consistently good it's not your lift pump. It's going to be your injection pump or maybe you got air in the line and it passed through and killed through truck. It's happened to me several times after a pump replacment.

gumborancher 04-18-2015 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Renteria1217 (Post 1090803)
Your fuel pressure goes from 14 at idle to 15/16 highway. That sounds backwords. Anyway if your fuel pressure is consistently good it's not your lift pump. It's going to be your injection pump or maybe you got air in the line and it passed through and killed through truck. It's happened to me several times after a pump replacment.

Yes i know that isnt how it should but thats what im reading with a tee in the line granted it is an electric gauge

Renteria1217 04-18-2015 11:49 AM

Yeah that's weird. Also you're 3-4 before start. Mine have always showed the same pressure before start and at idle. I have my pressure set at 20. Another thing thats weird is your having hard starts. That can definitely happen if your fuel pressure is set too high, probably over 25psi. But doesn't sound you're in that range, IF your fuel pressure guage is reading right. Might want to have diesel injection shop double check your fuel pressure.

gumborancher 04-24-2015 01:25 PM

Got my hard start issue fixed one of the barbed fittings that fass tells u to just push the hose onto and not bother clamping finally started leaking fuel. So now im down to it quitting when I stick it in gear and not having the fuel pressure id like. Hopefully a new ball and spring in the fass will fix both since i was getting 22lbs of pressure out of my factory style pump