Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   not sure whats going on 24v 5.9 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/126390-not-sure-whats-going-24v-5-9-a.html)

smackdaddyfresh 04-04-2015 10:49 AM

not sure whats going on 24v 5.9

hi, bought my first diesel, just hit 200k been driving it for about 7k. i was experince the dead pedal here and there, changed my apps, come to mention i bought the truck with the same running problems been driving it with the same problems, when i changed the apps it blew white smoke when it started, then i had some more power, when i floor it i go no where, just revs up but if i hit the overdrive and floor it going around 50 it does the same thing but if i release the pedal there is one spot it releases power, i dont know how fast this is supposed to go its all stock my friend said they are fairly quick but turtles fuck quicker than my truck takes off. so i i did the turn 3 key thing got a bunch of codes saying about pcm and ecu and failier pump and i understand it could be my injection pump but could it really? thats what i dont get because i took it more serious and brought it to a shop and they even scratched their heads cause they dont understand how my truck runs fine but no balls like injection pump symptoms but they dont think it is. so i brought it to another guy. oh yeah these are diesel techs come to mention. he doesnt know why my truck is running either. he said he never heard a ejection pump lasting 7k miles, he tested shit but then it went to 12.4 on fuel but when he let off gas it jumped to 14.7 so he dont know either so i said screw it im taking it to the dealer, $90 told me the same friggen thing but even with all that, they dont even know if it could be the pump. starts perfect idles perfect sounds amazing, just no balls at all, throws 10 codes, yes one is injection. idk someone help please

AHolt 04-05-2015 01:55 PM

Did you look up all the codes it threw ?
In search look up each code to see what people posted about them.

smackdaddyfresh 04-12-2015 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by AHolt (Post 1090065)
Did you look up all the codes it threw ?
In search look up each code to see what people posted about them.

i was putting in a new gear box today and realized a fitting off the lift pump was leaking and i touched it and it broke its a banjo fitting, so i am picking one up tomorrow, im hopeing that leaking was allowing air in the fuel and wasnt pushing enough fuel and was tripping the codes. idk

chadcycle 2500 04-22-2015 05:11 AM

Get your self a fuelpressure ,boost& exhaust temp gauge. fuel pressure connects to the banjo fitting @ the injector pump. fix your fitting issue,check the fuel filter,Check the boots one turbo& intercooler,& air filter for the heck of it also

biged681985 04-22-2015 08:45 AM

sounds like you might have found your problem. good luck:c:

jkidd 04-23-2015 09:18 AM

Are you back up and running?