Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   best chip for 2gen 24v (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/121236-best-chip-2gen-24v.html)

cummins Pride 05-22-2014 08:21 PM

best chip for 2gen 24v

i am pretty educated when it comes to adding performance to diesels ( computerized or mechanical) but would like a few opinions. A older guy i know has either a 1999 or 2000 24v dodge diesel, it has 35in tire or bigger and has a 5in or 6in lift on her. He came to me for help on chipping it i know everything to do it but personally havnt owned a 24v yet. i know the good brands,high power programmers, and all but would like for one of you guys with experience to help me get this guy a programmer that will help fuel millage,have plenty of playing power but not something that he has to over watch do to tranny worrys thanks

yjay 05-22-2014 10:34 PM

Edge juice with attitude. All gauges included, 0 to 120 hp, more with hot unlock, safety settings, code reading and clearing, and on and on. More than enough power to roach a stock clutch or auto trans, depending on how you drive.

cummins Pride 05-24-2014 10:31 AM

ya edge is just about the best for 24v sec gens, i hate edge haha

lukesdiesel 05-24-2014 12:42 PM

Edge Comp and Autometer or Isspro Gauges

DieselDawg

yjay 05-24-2014 10:19 PM

Why pray tell a comp and analog gauges as opposed to the Juice with attitude or CS ? Ends up being similar in price, same power, but way less features. Just curious.

I hope you don't burst my bubble, I'm having a EJWA installed as we speak :humm: and I always respect your opinion.

lukesdiesel 05-24-2014 11:34 PM

Mechanical Gauges are more accurate. Never been a fan of digital gauges.

DieselDawg

RAW 05-25-2014 08:44 AM

I agree. Although the turbo timer and diagnostics are neat, I always thought my Comp gave more power than my EJWA. I also had 6 mechanical gauges in the cab covering everything I watched on the EJWA.

Judas 05-25-2014 07:21 PM

In Have the Edge Juice With Attidude CTS

for me

the good
-monitors alot trans, boost, oil pressure,engine temp,intake temp,rpm, exhaust temp,voltage,fuel temp, fuel pressure...there more im sure
-you can set alarms to your parameters(egt's etc)...audible alarm when exceeded, will de-fuel when this occurs,cant miss it
-pretty simple install
-enough power to smoke tranny
-on the fly power adjustments
-turbo timer
-maintenance reminder for dam near everything if you want(set how many kms for that particular maintenance and go)
-can get the defueling pushed up to about 3200 rpm(hot unlock)
-reads and resets fault codes...tells you what they are, not just the fault number

what i do not like:
-unlock another $100
-does nothing for torque management
-very little adjustment as compared to smarty from what i have read(timing/fueling)
-the Gyro update seems pretty flakey to me(pitch and roll)
-no info on updates...no idea whats been changed or what features added that i can find anyway.

to me, what it can tell me about my truck is excellent, thats alot of mechanical gauges to cover all that, not as accurate im sure...but i do not have to watch em closely either.

I have had it for about 8 months now, and i am sure i would buy at least the monitor half again without a second thought

cummins Pride 05-30-2014 09:27 AM

sounds like ima steer him into the edge juice with attitude

yjay 05-30-2014 04:11 PM

For what it's worth I sure like mine. More than sufficient for my needs. More features than I will ever use.