24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Which turbo and programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which turbo and programmer?

Hey fellas need some help if your willing. I need to hop up my truck a lil more (who doesn't?) and I would like to get a new programmer besides the big hoss one I have now. I'm told the edge is the best one and it can ad up to 120 xtra horses but I don't really need the fancy screen it comes with since I already have a 3 gauge cluster on my column. I was just wondering if there was a programmer combo that would work just as well if not better than the edge that doesn't have the unnecessary gauge screen? I would also like to adjust my speedometer and tranny with the programmers if that's possible? The other thing I was also needing help with is choosing a turbo. I have the stock turbo now with a volant CAI. Is there a turbo setup that I can buy or build to setup twins with my stock turbo? Is that even a good idea? If not what single turbo upgrade would you recommend? I've heard BD, ATS, and Applied Performance make a good one? I tow a 40' 5th wheel across the country and other heavy loads. Any help is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance for your time.