24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

radio issues fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default radio issues fix

Hey everyone. I looked on here a while ago about radio issues and if anyone was having problems like I was. I didn't see anything but read a ton of forums on other websites. Figured I'd post about it and see if I could help anyone else before they spent a bunch of money like I almost did.

What was happening to me was, as I drove down the road my radio which is an Am/FM/Cass/CD would turn on and off really fast then stay off until I shut my truck off then back on. I read that the radios would short out internally and could cause this issue. Some radios were covered under warranty but didn't fix the issue. So after the new eBay replacement radio it still was messing up on me. I dug into more research and also found new batteries were fixing the problem as well as having the dealership doing an ecm reflash for the computer. So instead of paying 250 bucks for new batteries ( money that I didn't have ) or taking it to a dealer ( which probably would've been even more money ). I tried something on my own. And so far its worked for the past week.

All I did was take my radio out of the dash. Cut the 12v constant power sang ignition feed wire. And wire up two new connections. I hooked them up to the wires for my pillar gauges. And so far my radio has been working perfect. If you do try this. The 12v constant is the pink wire and ignition feed is the larger red/white in connected to the grey plug in the back of the radio.

Like I said earlier. This was my issue and I'd post about it since I didn't see anything like it on this site. I hope if you have the same issue as me this helps you.