Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Manual transmission coolant line routing (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/112739-manual-transmission-coolant-line-routing.html)

dieseldude848 06-04-2013 11:47 AM

Manual transmission coolant line routing

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of how the small coolant lines on the passenger side of the block next to the oil filter are routed on a 24v 5 or 6 speed truck? I took out the auto trans heater on the side of the block when I did my swap, and just by passed it with a piece of heater hose until I could figure out how the factory manual trucks are set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBD Tech Support 06-04-2013 04:06 PM

I believe they are blocked off right at the engine? With NPT style plugs

dieseldude848 06-04-2013 10:48 PM

A picture would be best

dieseldude848 06-05-2013 07:16 PM

Anyone?!

Cornfed 1020 07-23-2013 05:37 PM

i just did the same thing on mine and i went to the local plumbing store and bout an elbow and ribbed fitting for the new hose for cheaper then the block they wanted trhough dodge. i also bought a plug and just plugged the extra hole they had for the line warmer. i havent tried my setup out yet since im deployed and it was my project while i was waiting to leave but that is what i did man

dieseldude848 07-23-2013 11:21 PM

So the 2 lines that go to the trans warmer can just be plugged off? If so that's what I'll do, I rigged it up so it still circulates as if the cooler was still in place.

Cornfed 1020 07-23-2013 11:57 PM

I TOOK IT OFF COMPLETELY AS WELL BUT WHERE MINE WENT BACK INTO THE BLOCK I PUT A PLUG THERE AND THEN RAN BOTH MINE FROM THE HEATER CORE BACK TO STOCK. DO YOU HAVE A LINE WARMER ON YOU MANUAL I HAD THE AUTO THEN CONVERTED TO MANUAL LIKE I SAID IF I WAS HOME I WOULD HAVE UPLOADED PICS OF IT FOR YA TO SEE BUT IM DEPLOYED HOPEFULLY THIS HELPED YOU

dieseldude848 07-24-2013 01:57 PM

theres no way to put a line warmer on a manual unless there was some type of pump system. i also swapped mine from auto to manual...

Cornfed 1020 07-24-2013 05:19 PM

Yea i didnt think there was but never know with aftermarket and customizing people do but yea i have a lot longer hose that is off the other truck i swapped the system out of and he had it routed in a wierd spot that I didnt like but he had his working just fine buy routing it down under the turbo and back up through if i remember correctly i was going to get some clamps and see how it would look running it up top by the head idk how that will work but that is what he had done and it wasnt overheating or anything but i wrapped my hose as well to make sure it wouldnt melt incase it did get hot. Also heard you could get steel braiding and put that around your line as well. I wish i would have remembered exactly but days over here blend together and i forgot some stuff already