Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   A/c not working properly (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/112613-c-not-working-properly.html)

dieseldude848 05-30-2013 01:36 PM

A/c not working properly

My a/c only blows cold when I'm moving, as soon as I come to a stop within 30 seconds it gets warm? It's fully charged. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterync 05-30-2013 05:55 PM

If it came here I would hook my gauges and look at pressures, clutch engagement and airflow obstructions.
How have you verified its fully charged?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

diesel pap 05-30-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mysterync (Post 1009980)
If it came here I would hook my gauges and look at pressures, clutch engagement and airflow obstructions.
How have you verified its fully charged?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

this is the right way to check things out.

MillerBoyzDiesel 05-31-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by dieseldude848 (Post 1009923)
My a/c only blows cold when I'm moving, as soon as I come to a stop within 30 seconds it gets warm? It's fully charged. Any ideas?

Is your fan clutch working correctly?

dieseldude848 05-31-2013 03:54 PM

Put the guages on it, the high side would start at 225, and at the start of the 2nd compressor cycle engagement, it is going up to 450psi. The low side Would vary from 30-40psi. The fan clutch seems like its operating correctly, the truck does not over heat. But I did notice a lot of grease/crime build up on the radiator.

dieseldude848 06-01-2013 04:49 PM

any ideas?

BarryB 06-01-2013 07:31 PM

Ive had 2 dodges do this same thing. I'm thinking it may be my orifice tube causing my problem, but My current truck I know has a leak so I am going to go thru the system. clean and rebuild it.
Orifice tube is what converts the liquid back into a gas or visa versa. Its usually right before it goes into the condenser to get rid of the heat created by the process. So if the orifice tube is worn I believe it could also be causing the problem. I am by no means an expert, but from I do understand about A/C this is what I would try first.

dieseldude848 06-02-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1010313)
Ive had 2 dodges do this same thing. I'm thinking it may be my orifice tube causing my problem, but My current truck I know has a leak so I am going to go thru the system. clean and rebuild it.
Orifice tube is what converts the liquid back into a gas or visa versa. Its usually right before it goes into the condenser to get rid of the heat created by the process. So if the orifice tube is worn I believe it could also be causing the problem. I am by no means an expert, but from I do understand about A/C this is what I would try first.

I ordered a new line with orifice. I should have it in by the end of the week. Hopefully it fixes it..

superjoe83 06-03-2013 12:09 AM

mine was doing that and it turned out to be a oily/dirty radiator from blow by vapor coming from the puke bottle, i extended the breather tube down and steam cleaned the radiator and that fixed the a/c problem

dieseldude848 06-03-2013 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by superjoe83 (Post 1010505)
mine was doing that and it turned out to be a oily/dirty radiator from blow by vapor coming from the puke bottle, i extended the breather tube down and steam cleaned the radiator and that fixed the a/c problem

I'm gonna start by changing the orifice line, then I planned on cleaning that if the orifice doesn't fix it.