Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   On the side of the road (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/111237-side-road.html)

sickboy29 04-10-2013 04:18 PM

On the side of the road

As of right now I'm on the side of the road baffled! It started yesterday driving I went to pass an she fell on her face and acted like she was wrapping out "waaa waaa was" is that surging? So I was lucky enough to coast home tore my fuel filter out kicked her over and sure enough I'm gettin plenty of fuel! Second I do the apps /tps reset undo batteries for a hour leave ignition on clean my nasty air filter hook it all up prime the canestr after 20 tries she wakes up ram great for couple houres decide to get a little rowdy on a dirt road. The whole time my quad asrenaline is only on level 3.... Right off the dirt road I go to speed up and holy shizzzxnt. Right on her face tryn to limp home it gets worst and worst i can't get above2000 rpm without it totally choking on a down hill I let her idle. Which brings me to this spot when she died and won't turn over.HHHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPP!:scare2:

SRTcummins 04-11-2013 10:15 PM

Stock fuel system?

sickboy29 04-12-2013 02:30 PM

sadly yes

H.R.D 04-12-2013 02:34 PM

That is your problem, the stock LP cannot keep up with stock supply of fuel needed, damn sure not the supply of fuel needed when you have a module on it. I am willing to bet you killed your IP and the LP.

What codes are present?

Al31031 04-13-2013 08:20 AM

ouch sounds basically like what H.R.D said, Your ip has seen better days and your lp for that matter to

sickboy29 04-14-2013 10:15 PM

Shi.... Knew that was coming . Thank god I finally just sold my motorcycle now I have 5 grand to put into my beast. Is there a chance my IP is still good? Iv got a lil extra cash is there a better IP out there than the stock I'm planning on do in 150 hp injectors and a airdog 150 also wana do somethin with my turbo it needs a rebuild its a hy35 any ideas on something bigger and better?

Al31031 04-15-2013 04:56 PM

yes there are way better pumps than stock hot rods monsters they advertise 100 extra horse for the hot rod i believe and there really not that expensive. as for the turbo it all depends on what you do with your truck is it a tow rig or is it your toy if you dont tow very much your options widen!! what do you do with this truck is what im askin?

sickboy29 04-17-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Al31031 (Post 1002479)
yes there are way better pumps than stock hot rods monsters they advertise 100 extra horse for the hot rod i believe and there really not that expensive. as for the turbo it all depends on what you do with your truck is it a tow rig or is it your toy if you dont tow very much your options widen!! what do you do with this truck is what im askin?

It's my every day toy too tall to goose neck unless I had 10 grand for a full air lift rig. Set up for the desert 70 -90 + in some cases.. But still every day driver gotta start re doing front end than it would b ready for cross country only dirt roads though. Haha tow a little my girlfriends 4 place ball hitch horse trailer but nothin over 500 miles.. I have 40 inch tires and its been so long but 4:11 gears I'm thinkn if that makes any difference..