Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   Sugar in fuel spout, tank...?? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/110277-sugar-fuel-spout-tank.html)

Canadian Country 03-14-2013 01:44 PM

Sugar in fuel spout, tank...??

Some a.h. Poured sugar down my fuel spout and plugged it up really good! Damn near cement-like! Took truck bed off, cleaned out fuel lines and tank. Thought I had it running good but then it starts to sputter and seems like it's not getting any fuel. If I shut her off she's real hard to get started again. Anyone with suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. I already replaced my cap with a key locking cap!!

Mopar1973Man 03-14-2013 03:30 PM

What's your fuel pressure? Any error codes?

condor74 03-14-2013 03:53 PM

If it is a fuel supply problem, check your fuel pick up. It will plug up around the pick up screen. Also make sure you get all the sugar out of the filler neck. Also Check to see if any made it to the fuel filter housing. You didn't mention if you replaced the fuel filter. If you pumped sugar through your lift pump, you may have damaged that as well. It can get very pricey. You may want to get insurance involved. You can get past your deductible real quick. That way if you wind up needing lift pump, filters, lines, injector pumps, injectors or what ever, You at least will have a maximum amount you will be spending. That is vandalism and should be covered if you have full coverage.

Ltk 03-14-2013 04:00 PM

takes a coward to mess with something a man spent his hard earned money on... hope you get everything back up without too much of a headache :c:

RAW 03-14-2013 04:50 PM

Did you replace the fuel filter? You didn't mention it.

Canadian Country 03-14-2013 06:11 PM

As far as codes go, my service engine light has remained on since I bought my truck 3 yrs ago. I have no way of connecting to a computer without paying a shop for diagnostic investigations. Yes I did replace fuel filter (sorry I didn't mention that). Fuel pressure may be a problem but I can't get a guage for my truck that's under $300 so it has to wait til next week. Truck bed off again for 3rd time in as many weeks!!

tiremann9669 03-14-2013 08:00 PM

Well at least you're getting good at pulling the bed :w2: What do you do to make people dislike you enough to sugar your tank :humm:

condor74 03-14-2013 08:10 PM

I used to have a guy who brought his truck into our shop about once a month for insurance jobs due to sugar in the tank. It turned out he was cheating on his girlfriend with multiple women and she was putting the sugar in the tank.

Mind you I am not making judgment on the OP. Just a funny story.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Can you pull codes by cycling the key 3 times then leaving it on? Post the codes here and we will do our best to help you get it fixed.

Canadian Country 03-21-2013 04:39 PM

cycle the key ...

hey thanks for that suggestion. I will try that and post if i get 'em. :tu:

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

wish i knew!!! I just moved back to Canada after living in the States for some years.

Canadian Country 03-24-2013 06:34 PM

Fxed the sugar problem. A new auxiliary filter before the lift pump due to rip in screen at pickup works great