24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

MAP SENSOR HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAP SENSOR HELP PLEASE

Okay yesterday I put a new negative battery terminal on my drivers side battery, I cleaned eveyrthing up on the posts connected all the wires made sure they were all clean. Started my truck went down the road and now its in limp mode, ran my codes and got P0236 and p0237 Pulled my wires for my Quadzilla off checkes all connections cleaned them all out gotmy DMM and made sure no wires had an "Open" in them in the quad wireing harness still nothing, I also pulled the map sensor and cleaned the hell out of it with brake cleaner still nothing. As soon as i clear the code i dont even have to start the motor and the codes come right back. or atleast one does its usually P0236. Cant really drive it like this so if anyone can help me I have to go to work tomorrow and its an hour away.. thanks alot.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Oh also forget to say the day before all this I put a lock up switch on my truck but I did that right i put the jumper wire in the relay spot also, it ran fine with it so i dont think that put the computer in limp mode.

Last edited by DodgeTime; 03-10-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Mopar1973Man
Okay I did all that still no luck, only part I dont understand is how do you check number 5. in your instructions, the voltage of the sensor i dont understand do I pull it out and check it unplugged? Will a map sensor cause my truck to go into limp mode???

Would anything else cause this

Last edited by DodgeTime; 03-10-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by DodgeTime
Okay I did all that still no luck, only part I dont understand is how do you check number 5. in your instructions, the voltage of the sensor i dont understand do I pull it out and check it unplugged? Will a map sensor cause my truck to go into limp mode???

Would anything else cause this
2 causes...

Quadzilla is shot or the MAP sensor is shot.

So if you unhook the Quadzilla does the problem go away if so then the Quadzilla is fried. If the code remains its because the MAP sensor is fried.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Diesel Fan

2 causes...

Quadzilla is shot or the MAP sensor is shot.

So if you unhook the Quadzilla does the problem go away if so then the Quadzilla is fried. If the code remains its because the MAP sensor is fried.
When I plug the ground in on the tuner the motor goes into limp mode if I'm in drive take the ground off and it will let you rev a little higher but not much. Idk I by passed the tuner once and it did the same thing. It spuddering and missing when it's unhooked too

Bump

Last edited by DodgeTime; 03-11-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Diesel Wrench

Un hook the MAP... Hook the stock lead back to the sensor directly.

Un hook the CANBUS.

Leave the ground alone...

Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Diesel Fan

Un hook the MAP... Hook the stock lead back to the sensor directly.

Un hook the CANBUS.

Leave the ground alone...
Still running like junk but a little better 2 grand all the time hardly can get up to 55

Friend told me the lock up switch probably put it in limp mode an now it needs flashed is that possible? It won't let me rev over 2grand in drive with the tuner not hooked up at all

Last edited by DodgeTime; 03-11-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by DodgeTime
Still running like junk but a little better 2 grand all the time hardly can get up to 55

Friend told me the lock up switch probably put it in limp mode an now it needs flashed is that possible? It won't let me rev over 2grand in drive with the tuner not hooked up at all
Try returning it back to normal and see if that the problem. If it in limp mode it will throw a code so there would be a trans code for this.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok I don't have that I returned it to normal and cleared codes still runs like **** only code I have is p0222 which is tps so now I'm confused

I'm flat footing it with the tuner in my garage at home I'm on the road floored it hardly gains speed

This sucks all I can say

Try returning it back to normal and see if that the problem. If it in limp mode it will throw a code so there would be a trans code for this.
Not sure what else to try this is where I'm at. When the quadzilla is completely off the truck and everything is back to factory the truck still runs like crap seems like it's not getting fuel past a certain point like something is stopping it. Hen everything was unplugged I only had a p0222 code but then I put it in drive and floored it down the road and got a p0236 and p0222. Boost is acting weird it will only go to about 20 psi really flooring it and when the converter locks (which it is locking at like 30mph sometimes now idk why) it hardly gets any boost and pushing the peddle all the way to the floor no gain in speed no gain in boost and it isn't shifting out of overdrive like it would of it was getting more fuel or if my tuner was on. Just seems like it's in a protection mode or something is making it not getting the right amount of fuel/air. Put the lock up switch on my converter worked and drove great for 2 days then after I change my negative terminal on my drivers side battery this all happens. Sorry I'm just beyond confused.

Last edited by DodgeTime; 03-11-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Diesel Wrench

Quick Reply: MAP SENSOR HELP PLEASE