Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   headlight upgrade options (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/108145-headlight-upgrade-options.html)

chuffysplace 01-22-2013 07:04 AM

headlight upgrade options

Lots of threads on this but I'm unclear on most of it. I'm looking for a little help on what I can do to improve my headlight performance. It sounds as if some of my options are: upgrading the bulbs (I've done this in the past, and although it works ok, the new bulbs never seem to last that long), doing a sport conversion (I've heard that a wiring harness must be made and it could be tricky to do, aftermarket wiring harnesses are not the way to go due to poor quality), or go with projectors, or HIDs (I'm reading about poor quality on them and the harnesses as well).

If anyone has any experience with any or all of the above and could provide any insight, please let me know.

Also, if someone can recommend what options are out there and the complexity involved in each one, that would be great. The ideal for me would be a straight forward upgrade (remove and replace) but if I have to get a little fancy with some modifications or custom wiring - I am willing to do that too.

North Maine 01-22-2013 07:51 AM

ANZO aftermarkets are good... they seem to hold up well and they will be what I'm going to use soon. The Sport upgrade is pretty expensive and still needs better bulbs to be be a real upgrade. The wiring isn't too bad if you know how to use use relays. I will be getting an HID bulb set when I upgrade as well and I expect VERY good results with that.

RAW 01-22-2013 08:01 AM

X2 on Anzos! I have tried other aftermarket headlights, new stock headlights, both with bulbs claiming to the best, and all those combinations fail compared to the Anzos I have with regular bulbs.

Diesel Dawgs Performance 01-22-2013 08:27 AM

Looking at Anzos myself.

Luke

vcustoms86 01-22-2013 04:34 PM

I did new stockers with HID's. :c:

AlaskanRenegade 01-22-2013 05:34 PM

I've got 35W 8K HIDs, love em. Plan on getting clear aftermarket replacement housings soon.

Ramitt 01-22-2013 10:39 PM

Im running anzo's with hid's. Many will tell you not to use hid's in a halogen light. They must be in a hid projector. Honestly if you want to spend the extra cash to be 100% legal then do it. For me I've used them in stock lights and aftermarket halogen lights. As long as you adjust them properly you wont have a problem. My anzo's arent for hid's but work just fine I just need to adjust them some more. Im also running 35 watt hids in my fogs too and they help out a lot.

AlaskanRenegade 01-22-2013 11:13 PM

I'm planning on buying a new set of fogs(previous owner used the wires for the lightforces:td:
Which are now off, cracked globe.
Gunna go with 55W 8Ks

Ramitt 01-23-2013 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by AlaskanRenegade (Post 981906)
I'm planning on buying a new set of fogs(previous owner used the wires for the lightforces:td:
Which are now off, cracked globe.
Gunna go with 55W 8Ks

Dont put 55watts in a fog housing unless you want to melt those new fogs

AlaskanRenegade 01-23-2013 01:08 AM

Well I actually meant 35W, wrong button on my Iphone lol
I was planning on gettin a aftermarket set.
I see where your comin from though, we had a truck come in at the shop I work at with melted housing with 55W