Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   clutch problems can anybody help (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/106057-clutch-problems-can-anybody-help.html)

2020diesel 12-02-2012 12:43 PM

clutch problems can anybody help

I can't get my dodge to go into gear i have replaced slave cylinder and master cylinder and they don't have bleeder valves how can i get the air out of the system it started out the truck would not go into gear from a stop if it was rolling or shut off no.problems but if running and not moving it wouldn't go.into gear i have replaced slave cylinder and master cylinder but now i can't get the air out of the system any tricks?:argh:

thesmellycowboy 12-02-2012 02:45 PM

I finished mine no joke about an hour ago. Replaced slave and master. What I did was fill the slave and hold it up so none would spill out. Had a buddy Fill the master without without the slave on. When most of the air was pushed out and a stream was coming from the line I connected the slave put in the pin and then.... parked up the biggest hill I could pumpeed the heck out of the clutch. This was after I tried it on flat ground without luck. So point the Hood at the sky and pump till it feels normal

2020diesel 12-02-2012 03:09 PM

Thanks i cant get it to move anywhere tho i don't have any pedal at all

thesmellycowboy 12-02-2012 03:51 PM

LOL. Make sure its pointed in the right direction and start it in gear. That's how I had to do it. But if you can drive without a clutch maybe don't try... lookup moparman he has a guide on how to do it. Maybe you can make more of it than I did.

2020diesel 12-02-2012 05:34 PM

okay i got the pedal back but i still have the problem i started with it wont go into gear when it is started I think the throw out bearing would that make sense. it is making alot of noise when i push the clutch in

thesmellycowboy 12-02-2012 07:18 PM

Ya mine is acting funny again now. I can start in gear with the clutch in and it wont go anywhere but I still can't use the clutch to shift... so idunno what's up. I was hoping not to drop the transfer but oh well.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Trans* I hate auto correct

2020diesel 12-03-2012 12:07 AM

im starting to think throw out bearing it is squeaking alot when i push the clutch. And besides that its pulling good its just not going in gear unless there is something i dont know it has to be clutch or throw out bearing any i deals on a good clutch and where to get it

shane_bob 12-14-2012 09:30 PM

i had the same issue about 30,000 miles ago. throwout bearing was done, took my master cylinder out with it. i went with a cheap clutch from napa, cost about $165. master cylinder from dodge was about $180 and you cant bleed those units. napa sales a unit with a bleeder on it which i found that out after i went with the dodge cylinder. i pull my 21 foot camp trailer through the mountains of idaho and havent had a problem with that clutch, just some thoughts from my end.

2020diesel 12-14-2012 10:43 PM

yeah that was it the clutch and throw out bearing were done the clutch had been worn down to nothing and the throw out bearing was prety much shot to. I got clutch from Kentucky motors (KOI) it is a heavy duty clutch ceramic disc button clutch. It seems to be a pretty good clutch but ive only had it in a week now but ive pulled my bobcat up a couple good size hills and a car and im happy with it seems to pull really well it only cost me $312.00 I didnt think that was bad for a havy duty clutch.