Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   help: 01 6spd with codes (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/105953-help-01-6spd-codes.html)

jkidd 11-30-2012 11:00 PM

Did you swap the relay? Sometimes the relay is an intermittent problem. Its free... Swap it.

smedley 12-01-2012 09:55 AM

Ok i will in a few min

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

It is at 10psi at idle and goes down to 0psi when i floor it. Looks like its getting an airdog today. Do you think the ip will be bad too?

GuyWithA24Valve 12-01-2012 10:16 AM

What is your mileage like? Have you tried resetting your APPS yet? Getting an Airdog is a good idea

Sent from my iPhone in the cab of a Caterpillar

smedley 12-01-2012 10:20 AM

Haven't really drove the truck. I just bought it Thursday and wanted to get the problem fixed before i started driving it.

GuyWithA24Valve 12-01-2012 10:27 AM

Poor mileage is usually a good indicator of a dying injection pump as long as you take everything into account like gearing. You should either reset or replace your APPS if it's shot, put the airdog on, and drive it and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone in the cab of a Caterpillar

smedley 12-01-2012 04:01 PM

the 0122 code hasnt came back up just the 1689 and 1693. it has 3.55 gears. i will check mileage when i get the airdog on it. thanks for all the help.

it seems like it went through fuel kinda quick but then again i only put about 5 gallons in it after i bought it.

smedley 12-06-2012 06:40 PM

the 1689 code comes back after i reset it with the scaner after driving it a few miles. the truck cuts off and feels like it gets dead pedal every once in awhile. i try to catch it and push the clutch in to see if it dies but it drops down to about 500rpm and jumps back up and idles. the truck cuts off alot more if i turn the edge comp on and off continuosly. i figured this out because the edge doesnt always work but powers on like it is. i was trying to get it to work while i was driving and every few times it would feel like the truck shuts down. if i turn it off and on a few times while its idleing, the truck will act kinda funny for a second then smooth out. could the vp be going out and not fuelling when the edge is on or could the edge be messed up? the check engine light and code comes up even if the edge is turned off. also, i was making pulls on the highway and the first one took 9sec to get from 60 up to 70mph with the box off. after that one i took 6-7sec to get from 60 up to 70mph. i reached down and turned the box on and it decided to work and took 3sec to go from 60mph to 70mph.

i swapped the wiper relay with the fuel pump relay and it didnt help. i put the airdog 150 kit on it. should i still check fuel pressure with the airdog on it?