24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

HELP me out please, new raptor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes already swapped the relays. I am going to wire the pump to the fuse box and battery. Is my truck going run if the ECM is bad? Will I damage anything?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

If the ECM has failed, it likely won't do anything but idle at the most. Other than that, you can try using the toggle switch.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Can't get this piece of started. Got everything hooked back up, have fuel coming from the lift pump into the injection pump, but it just cranks. Won't even try to start. Still no wait to start light either. Why the f@ck do we Like these trucks again, I've already dropped a grand in maintainence this year. I've about had it. If my ECM is bad is there a fuse I can check for it? Would I need to disconnect my chip to get it to run?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

So haven't been able to run codes yet, but I'm beginning to think it might be my injection pump. Decided to crack an injection line to see if any fuel was coming out from there. Had the raptor pump going and was cranking and no fuel coming out of the injector at all. But doesn't explain why I have no wait to start light or why fuel pump power harness has no power. Anyone want to help?

Last edited by RAW; 08-31-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

These questions may sounds dumb, but we need to start from scratch.

You've checked all fuses, in the cab and under the hood?

Have you applied power directly from the battery to the pump?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Sorry don't mean to sound rude, I'm just frustrated at this point. So no I have not checked ALL fuses, just ones I thought might be related to my problems. Should I check them all or just the ones we'd think would be related to the problems? I have not applied power directly from the battery either, it's wired into a terminal on the fuse box and I'm using a toggle switch to turn it on and off. So the raptor pump is working. I'm getting fuel up to the injection pump. We decided to crack one of the injectors while cranking/trying to start and with the raptor pump on and I have no fuel coming out of the injector. As much as I've wanted to deny this, I think my injection pump might be gone. But can't figure out why no power on the stock lift pump harness and no wait to start light.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Diesel Fan

If you have air in the system it can be a pain in the a$$ sometimes to get out even if you crack lines 1,3 and 4 open while cranking.It does seem weird to not have those lights though.Have you checked blue chip diesels website they have a troubleshooting chart to check pump.They also tell you how to apply power and groud and see if the truck will start and idle.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I'm back home for a few weeks without my truck. Ill be doing lots of reading up to try and figure out a game plan for when I go back. Meanwhile the truck is sitting useless in BFE Wyoming.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Got back to Wyoming and plugged in the code reader. I got a p1694 code "no CCD message from PCM". Not sure what this means or what to do next.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

No wait to start light and no power to lift pump sure sounds like ecm is bad since ecm controlls both of those. There is no way that we can test the ecm, only a dealer can. Try unhooking the batteries and let it sit for 30min with the key on to discharge the computers and see if that might reset the ecm. Thats the only idea I have other than trying to find an ecm at a junk yard.

Was you able to get fuel to the injectors?

Last edited by Bryce; 09-30-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Unhooked the batteries with the key on, I'll see what it does when I get home. So how hard is it to get to the PCM and take it off? Can I take it off to have the dealer test it? Also if info end uP needing a new PCM, can I take one off of any same generation truck?

I meant ECM not PCM

Last edited by Renteria1217; 10-01-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: HELP me out please, new raptor...