24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Edge comp and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge comp and check engine light

Hey guys just bought a 02 5spd truck last week. It has the edge comp box on it. So far I've upgraded the lp with a fads titanium 150 and a set of gauges.... My concerns are that every time I shut the truck off with the box on most of the time when I go to start it the check engine light comes on? But if I turn the power off the box than its fine the nxt time i start it, no lights. Any advice or ideas to what it could be will be helpful. Thanks

Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 AM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Find out what codes is being set would be the first place to start.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Diesel Fan

I figured out the codes they are 0236 and 0238. I know they are for the map sensor and I got a 1475 that's for a auxiliary 5v. Sometimes the light will reset itself if the truck has sat for a long period of time other times I've taken the batt cables off. But I'm wondering if it's the tps or the box or maybe a bad sensor. Bc with the box all the way up it's like it don't have power just takes a second for it to fuel up and build boost. I got around 18psi of fuel goin to the vp. I'm stumped fellas. Thanks for the feedback rawilliams

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Sounds like the comp is not working correctly. If you disconnect the box and put the truck back to stock will it still give you a CEL? If it still gives you a CEL then I would suggest replacing the MAP sensor.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok thanks guys.. Haven't had time to unhook the box but I noticed this afternoon just outta the blue she started running like she should. But even with the box turned off completely she was still sluggish. But I went to have the ecu scanned at advance and there scanner wouldn't even scan the truck. Not sure if its bc the box is on there or what? But will let ya know the out come after unhooking the edge.