Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Performance VE pumps? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/84958-performance-ve-pumps.html)

Project_White_Lightning 10-21-2011 03:12 PM

Performance VE pumps?

I recently bought my first diesel pick up. Been tinkering with them for ahile now and i now have my own. It is a '91.5 D250 Reg. cab. I have plans of building this truck for power, to make it quick and that is it. Ive messed with my VE pump some but was curious if anybody out there knows whether i can buy an after market fuel pump, (ex. Dragonfire VP44) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Adam

cummin_un_glued 10-21-2011 05:04 PM

you can but the ppump swap would be better in the end

Project_White_Lightning 10-21-2011 05:07 PM

yeah thats what im researching now.. in the end, im wanting my truck to have twins, stage 2 injectors and .094 lines with p-pump, and FASS pump... and lots of other goodies.. Thank you for your help though!

BIGREDGOAT 10-21-2011 08:30 PM

you can get a 14mm head and rotor pump

Project_White_Lightning 10-21-2011 08:42 PM

is that a form of the VE? or what are you referring to by the 14mm head? and by rotor pump are you meaning rotary pump? thanks

-Adam

RSWORDS 10-22-2011 07:32 AM

He is talking about a 14mm head and rotor for the VE pump. You have a long ways to go before you need that. Alot of power can be made from a healthy stock pump. If your goals are eventually a built P-Pump truck don't waste you time or money on an aftermarket VE. Build the truck to all you can with the stocker (twins, injectors, pin, ect) then swap the pump as a final. I think you will be surprised at what you can do with the 12mm VE.

Project_White_Lightning 10-22-2011 10:13 AM

Alright thanks guys! I think im just gonna go with the plan of all the bolt-ons, such as twins injectors, lines ,pin qnd then the p-pump.. id also like to put a locker in the truck, is there any specific brand that you guys reccommend?

BIGREDGOAT 10-22-2011 11:47 AM

Detroit tru track is way awesome!!! I love mine and it makes it better in the mud too!!!!! but they are not cheap man

bgreen776 10-22-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Project_White_Lightning (Post 812225)
Alright thanks guys! I think im just gonna go with the plan of all the bolt-ons, such as twins injectors, lines ,pin qnd then the p-pump.. id also like to put a locker in the truck, is there any specific brand that you guys reccommend?

If your going to drive it on the street you can't do better than a good selectable locker like an ARB Air Locker. Especially if you tow and/or drive in icy conditions.

Project_White_Lightning 10-22-2011 02:56 PM

My goal is to make this truck a street legal truck but also something i can take to the local drag strip and still be a contender. My buddy has a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 he has a VP44 that is just about shot and a Quadzilla w/ Adrenaline with the most agressive tune on it. I want to be faster than his truck. so if you know of a locker that will help me out with what im wanting to get out of this truck. Wicked fast project truck.