Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   second gen parts on 1st gen (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/80180-second-gen-parts-1st-gen.html)

chiefton17 07-26-2011 05:53 AM

second gen parts on 1st gen

Hey guys, I have my ol 89 rompin and stompin, the pump is turned up, and the diff is locked, she will roal coal and roast tires, and I love it, my problem is that she has high egts, I can peg the meter no problem, pre turbo probe, and ot seems like I read that the second gens have a better turbo? Would a second gen turbo help much? What other parts off the second gen would help? I don't want the p-pump because I love the ve, what parts off of a second gen would benefit me?

plumbob84 07-26-2011 08:26 AM

the hydro satic system bolts right on its alot of work tho but worth it:tu:do u have a 4in exaust i run a 94 turbo and down pipe 4in all the way to my cab corner and you can intercool it with a 2nd gen intercooler my next step

white93 07-26-2011 08:49 AM

A 2nd gen intercooler, 4" exhaust, and 60mm compressor wheel will fix your egt problems. The stock turbo off the 2nd gens isnt much of an upgrade.

RSWORDS 07-26-2011 06:38 PM

If they are as hot as he says its gonna take a S300 or HX40, IC, and some fine tuning to fix his EGT's.

chiefton17 07-27-2011 03:22 AM

Will the 4in exhaust bolt right on to my stock turbo? If the turbo is cheap should i get that too? What kind of turbo is a stock second gen turbo? My egt is goes up if I mash her to the floor, but comes back downon its own if its on flat ground, but if i start climbing hills it has no problem goin way over 1200. Would a powerstroke or second gen Cummins cooler work better? Thanks for all of the advice guys

blazier18 07-27-2011 04:00 AM

4 inch downpipe you mean? what i would do is get you a hx40 60/65/14 cold air intake/4 inch down pipe/ 2cnd gen intercooler/ tune your afc. everything maxed is not power a good tuning on it and advance the timing a little on the pump should help cool it way down plus better fuel mileage. there is two turbos off 2cnd gen trucks the hx35 is good to 350hp? maybe 400 if you push it. the other is a whc1? not sure they were on 94 models but if you can find a hx35 it will benefit you be sure to have air intake and 4 inch downpipe

plumbob84 07-27-2011 08:05 AM

there is a website i forgot the name of it that can tell you how to tune everything i found it very helpful if you max everything out itll run hot and could possibly run away on you...ill find the print out in my garage and give you the website

white93 07-27-2011 09:21 AM

For the money this is a better upgrade https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9l-r...its-turbo.html With that much fuel you may end up blowing the hx40 apart if your not careful. A 2nd gen intercooler is easier to install on a non i/c truck.

chiefton17 07-27-2011 06:09 PM

yea, i meant the 4 inch down pipe, the second gen came stock with a 4 inch down pipe, correct? and everything on the truck isnt maxed, i still have a some turns left on the full fuel, i havent turned it till it ran away yet, and i still have the nylon spacer in the afc. Im happy with my power, i just down want to melt her down, i am really careful with it when i start pulling hills. The second gen came with a hx35? and i plan on doing the timing advance sometime in the near future, just been too busy to even think about it, how much will that help? would different injecors help? i was thinking about taking mine out and having them tested, and or replaced with like 40 or 80 horse ones

white93 07-27-2011 07:42 PM

The 2nd gens came with 3" exhaust from the factory. A 2nd gen aftermarket 4" exhaust will fit your truck as long as you make hangers for it. Since you have a non i/c you have already have the big injectors, getting them pop tested wouldn't be a bad idea though. An Hx35 isn't much of an upgrade. The comp wheel is only 54mm compared to the stock non i/c 50mm. The turbo in the link I posted would be a better upgrade even with out an intercooler. Also do a search on the M&H dynamic timing spacer. Ive heard nothing but good about it.