Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Lope? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/46165-lope.html)

BIGREDGOAT 03-12-2010 10:44 AM

Lope?

how do they make these old cummins lope? i hav been trying to figure it out but i just cant:argh:

sootman 03-12-2010 11:51 AM

bigger injector pump, lines, and injectors

tltruckparts 03-12-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BIGREDGOAT (Post 515087)
how do they make these old cummins lope? i hav been trying to figure it out but i just cant:argh:

why would you it to lope? its a diesel not a gas engine. put .093 connector tubes on it like the drag guys and itll lope. mostly because they flow so much more fuel that your injection pump cant keep up so itll lope due to a lack of fuel. therefore hurting your power and fuel economy

seandonato73 03-13-2010 12:48 AM

get a custom cam..... that can make it lope. wont be cheap tho:w2:

tower_ofpower 03-13-2010 02:31 PM

i dont believe its the lack of fuel, its the lack of fuel at the specific time, larger lines flow more fuel but i imagine delay beginning of injection. its so they can crank the timing up like crazy and in the higher rpm's it keeps the fuel spraying in the bowl and not before. it sounds cool, but its really improbable for street driving. ontop of that idk how the VE's would respond to that... everything i've heard lope are P style pumps. the cams dont make it lope as noticable as a gasser but it sure does make it sound good. i remember seeing a video on here of a guy after he got done with a cam and twins at an idle. made the truck shake and rattle very nicely. sounded MEAN. but that was on a 2nd gen too.

92 cummins 03-23-2010 08:05 PM

Actually getting 0.93 connector tubes would not work:nope:, the engine wont even start because of all the fuel going into the engine boggin it down. However 0.78 or 0.84 tubes from Schied would work just fine(stock tubes are 0.67).

pewder 03-23-2010 08:19 PM

I have a buddy that has a 80's chev that has the cummins conversion and a 6 speed. Thing runs great, very little puff of smoke will come out when first take off or shifting to another gear. When you start out it'll lope with the motor starting to work a little as long as ya don't give it to much pedal. This thing sounds mean! But nothing more than just pump tweaks has been done to it. This thing has been running like this for 8 years that I know of and gets bout 22MPG, that is with 6inch lift and 35's.

Dunno how they got the lope, but I would sure like to find out and get one of those 6speeds. ha ha

big bad diesel 416 03-23-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by seandonato73 (Post 515471)
get a custom cam..... that can make it lope. wont be cheap tho:w2:

just weld some high spots and grind some low spots in it lol

i heard one of these thungs loping one day and i thought this thing sounds like shit it was up and gone so fast it was unreal it came to live real quick :scare2:

tltruckparts 03-23-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 92 cummins (Post 522531)
Actually getting 0.93 connector tubes would not work:nope:, the engine wont even start because of all the fuel going into the engine boggin it down. However 0.78 or 0.84 tubes from Schied would work just fine(stock tubes are 0.67).

there are alot of people that run .093 connector tubes. all the sled pullers and dragracers use them