Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Best exhaust (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/29941-best-exhaust.html)

Swaggs 07-29-2009 03:06 AM

Best exhaust

What do you guys think is the best exhaust set up, I have cooler tubez, gauges, bhaf, 366 spring, and am soon going to put in a denny2, injectors, and swap out the exhaust housing for a 14cm (well that is prolly the next mod) and a 60 mm inducer..

I read somewhere that leaving the 3 inch downpipe is good for low end torque, and city driving, and having a 4 inch past that will be good for around 400+ horsepower.
Is that correct?

Also, where is a good place to find a downpipe. I have a 3 inch downpipe to a 4 inch straight pipe exhaust, but its super rusty, and want to replace it all.

Thanks!

Diesel Dawgs Performance 07-29-2009 03:46 AM

We have had great luck with our Expandit 4" Kit for the 1st Gens. It includes a 3" DP to a 4" system and can be purchased with or without a muffler.

Luke

diesel pap 07-29-2009 07:57 AM

we sell diamond eye for that year

Bad93Cummins 07-29-2009 09:57 AM

I love my expandit striaght pipe!! :U:

jasonfriedlin 07-29-2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel (Post 371548)
We have had great luck with our Expandit 4" Kit for the 1st Gens. It includes a 3" DP to a 4" system and can be purchased with or without a muffler.

Luke

Luke, you don't have one with a 4" DP do you. I can't swear to it but I help my buddy put a system on his truck that came with a 4" DP. Not sure what kind of sustem it was or if its really worth worrying about but Bobby says I need to invest in somethin and I was lookin at your site the other night, just need to save some money. thanks :c:

RSWORDS 07-29-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jasonfriedlin (Post 371734)
Luke, you don't have one with a 4" DP do you. I can't swear to it but I help my buddy put a system on his truck that came with a 4" DP. Not sure what kind of sustem it was or if its really worth worrying about but Bobby says I need to invest in somethin and I was lookin at your site the other night, just need to save some money. thanks :c:

The stans has a 4" down pipe. With a stockish turbo (Thats 3" outlet) I dont see teh need for it. When you step up your turbo to a real one with a 4" outlet then its time for a 4" down pipe. And even then I would go with a 2nd gen down pipe (need to move teh fire wall with a hammer a little) teh 2nd gen looks like it will flow better. I'm running a Expandit with a 2nd gen down pip on my 1st gen. I like the expandit system alot and teh price is right. The stans kit is $$$.

If you search around you can find the thread when I did a install and review of teh expandit.

Swaggs 07-29-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by RSWORDS (Post 371757)
The stans has a 4" down pipe. With a stockish turbo (Thats 3" outlet) I dont see teh need for it. When you step up your turbo to a real one with a 4" outlet then its time for a 4" down pipe. And even then I would go with a 2nd gen down pipe (need to move teh fire wall with a hammer a little) teh 2nd gen looks like it will flow better. I'm running a Expandit with a 2nd gen down pip on my 1st gen. I like the expandit system alot and teh price is right. The stans kit is $$$.

If you search around you can find the thread when I did a install and review of teh expandit.

Nice, that was what I was looking for, cause try as I might, I couldnt find a 4 inch downpipe for the 1st gen. I was thinking about doing a 14cm exhaust housing and a 60mm inducer for now, so I dont know if I would need a 4 inch downpipe just yet, I guess it wouldnt be hard to switch out a 3 inch for a 4 inch in the future.. thanks!