Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   ?'s Fuel Pin (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/27763-s-fuel-pin.html)

HankdaTank 06-09-2009 08:57 PM

?'s Fuel Pin

What is the difference between the 200$ fuel pin and the Denny T 108$ fuel pin other than price?

RSWORDS 06-09-2009 09:18 PM

the price
i LOVE my DennyT Stage II

LOGANSTANFORTH 06-25-2009 03:20 PM

i may be having some made in the near future......

Begle1 06-25-2009 03:37 PM

A fuel cone really isn't going to impress me until it comes with a corresponding pin that allows it maintain full AFC functionality with a ground control lever, or if it comes with a custom-made lever to begin with.

RSWORDS 06-25-2009 03:59 PM

Begle you running a pin? My DennyT sure impressed me!

Bad93Cummins 06-25-2009 09:37 PM

My DennyT will be here soon!!

Begle1 06-25-2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by RSWORDS (Post 355894)
Begle you running a pin? My DennyT sure impressed me!

I want to take some internal VE measurements or cut a couple observation holes in my pump top first before making up my mind.

There's a limit to the amount that a fuel cone grind can get you. That limit is determined by the amount that the fuel pin can travel before the AFC arm contacts that case or whatever it contacts that limits its travel.

I've heard years ago that there wasn't much if anything to be had by going deeper than what could be had by grinding the stocker; the pin that rides on the cone simply can not move out that far before the arm hits. Which is exactly why you can't just shorten the pin that rides on the cone instead of cutting the cone deeper.

Old school thinking is that the only way to get full AFC actuation along with AFC control is an extended cone, like DennyT's, a ground AFC lever, and a longer pin connecting the two. Or to do something radical like putting a pneumatic actuator directly onto the AFC lever through the case.

A lot could be accomplished in the world of tuning these pumps with some strategically-placed holes and pipe plugs, to see exactly how far the throttle lever is moving, exactly how far the AFC arm is moving, and exactly how far the control sleeve is moving. The first two could be tested dry, the last one would require looking through a Lexan pipe plug on a dyno.

RSWORDS 06-26-2009 03:04 AM

I know that my pin rides the entire profile of my DennyT. And I know it was a dramatic difference when it was put in. I'm with you though... there is alot to be learned.

Begle1 06-26-2009 02:38 PM

A witness mark along the entire face of the cone could be taken to mean a constant contact with the AFC lever.

It could also be explained due to the case pressure pushing out against the pin.

If there is something to be had by having that deep of a cone, then I don't see how that wouldn't mean there wouldn't be an equal amount to be had by grinding 1/8" off the pin?

Riflemanusmc 06-26-2009 09:08 PM

Begal1.. I can see where you are going with this. I've got a leaking VE in the shop. I'll have to run some test and see if it will fly.....