Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Rubber Floor and Headliner (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/119126-rubber-floor-headliner.html)

shovelhead87 02-15-2014 09:04 PM

It's been on for a year I just blow out the truck with a air blower I am about to put the carpet in tho

achenbach7 02-15-2014 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by shovelhead87 (Post 1049349)
It's been on for a year I just blow out the truck with a air blower I am about to put the carpet in tho

Do you notice it being noisier?

shovelhead87 02-16-2014 12:19 AM

To be honest I never drove this one before it was done but my dads is louder inside than mine

achenbach7 03-11-2014 12:23 AM

Hey guys, the weathers been really bad here lately and I haven't gotten to do anything yet, but it's supposed to be decent this weekend. I was wondering if any of you knew how to take the wing widow out to make the replacement seals easier to put in? I am also hoping to put some bed liner down in my cab if the weather holds up.

the.beard 03-11-2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by achenbach7 (Post 1053272)
Hey guys, the weathers been really bad here lately and I haven't gotten to do anything yet, but it's supposed to be decent this weekend. I was wondering if any of you knew how to take the wing widow out to make the replacement seals easier to put in? I am also hoping to put some bed liner down in my cab if the weather holds up.

If by "wing window" you mean the smoker's window, there are two styles: the first you remove the top phillips screw and slide it out of the track at the bottom. The second style you just remove both phillips screws and it falls right out (really, it'll just fall, so have a good purchase on it). It's probably the latter; I think they stopped using lower tracks between '87-'89 and I've only seen them on gas trucks.

As for the liner, O'Reilly Auto sells a spray gun kit specifically for bed liner that works famously. Looks just as good as the Line-X or Rhino Liner dealers' job. Don't use Duplicolor Bed Armor, it's absolute garbage. If you buy the gun and a gallon of Herculiner, you can easily do the whole interior for under a hundo.

achenbach7 03-11-2014 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by the.beard (Post 1053360)
If by "wing window" you mean the smoker's window, there are two styles: the first you remove the top phillips screw and slide it out of the track at the bottom. The second style you just remove both phillips screws and it falls right out (really, it'll just fall, so have a good purchase on it). It's probably the latter; I think they stopped using lower tracks between '87-'89 and I've only seen them on gas trucks.

As for the liner, O'Reilly Auto sells a spray gun kit specifically for bed liner that works famously. Looks just as good as the Line-X or Rhino Liner dealers' job. Don't use Duplicolor Bed Armor, it's absolute garbage. If you buy the gun and a gallon of Herculiner, you can easily do the whole interior for under a hundo.

Thanks a lot man! I'll let you know how it works this weekend

achenbach7 03-16-2014 01:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I decided to do the rear bumper as well. I didn't think the silver really matched anything haha. The floor and wall is still drying which is why there is still a little blue.
Attachment 33270Attachment 33271Attachment 33272Attachment 33273

the.beard 03-16-2014 04:49 PM

You're gettin' there, and with no roll marks. :tu:

achenbach7 03-16-2014 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by the.beard (Post 1054008)
You're gettin' there, and with no roll marks. :tu:

Haha I can't tell I used a brush. Attachment 33265

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

All done! This made me realize I need some seat covers or something lol. Attachment 33266

the.beard 03-16-2014 10:44 PM

Damn, son, that's top shelf.