Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   made up my mind. now what? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/110493-made-up-my-mind-now-what.html)

dodgeramit10 03-20-2013 10:58 AM

made up my mind. now what?

ok so i finally decided to go with a hx35 for my d350 instead of a hc351............ now where do i get one from? is there a reputable salvage place you guys have got stuff like that from? or do i just hit the salvage? i refuse to go to ebay!!!! and i live in arkansas and craigslist is not much help............. so where do i go.

98cummins 03-20-2013 05:23 PM

I bought mine from ebay and it was listed as new from an outfit in california by the name of CX racing. Have had it on for a few thousand miles and so far have had good luck with it. I seldom drive my truck without the trailer and a load behind it and it has held up good. I paid 300 bucks for it. This has just been my experience with it. Good Luck!!

dodgeramit10 03-20-2013 06:20 PM

well......... i guess i should change my mind about ebay. i just dont want to end up with some of that chinese junk.

JasonQuartermile 03-20-2013 11:12 PM

CX Racing is a china turbo. They're hit or miss. Some work for years, others blow up right away.

(I apologize for the bad news 98 Cummins, just figured you should know.) :c:

dodgeramit10 03-21-2013 10:01 PM

wow........... im glad u said so. i was skeptical, and now i know.

98cummins 03-22-2013 09:22 AM

I figured at that price it was more than likely cheap but on a budget and can't complain so far as it has worked good. I was warned before I bought it but thought at that price its not like if it does go bad I can't pull together that much for a second one. Like I say so far so good. But thanks for the warning. I get envious of what some of the guys on here can do as I am on such a tight budget makes things hard.

dodgeramit10 03-22-2013 10:09 AM

i can certainly understand that, however i want to put all the best parts on my truck so i dont have to keep putting the same part on my truck over and over again. i just want a good holset HX35 that will be as reliable as my cummins.

36Valved I6s 03-26-2013 05:05 PM

get part number for the turbo you want be it holset or borg warner etc etc an source it from a site called turbosupply.com i got my S366 from there an paid 482ish for it had a few buddies use em an they are satisfied with them so far....dont trust ebay few of my friends made that mistake an shattered them snails! one site i used to source my turbo was himniracing.com then purchased from turbosupply.....best of luck mate

dodgeramit10 03-26-2013 09:49 PM

thank youuu!!!!!! its so hard to just find those types of sites and be able to trust them. thank you.

36Valved I6s 03-27-2013 06:03 AM

No problem pay attention on the part numbers like on the S366 one is a straight compressor outlet an another could be a 90 degree outlet just a side note on em. Glad I could help. :c:

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

And for turbos If possible I would steer clear of the HX40s altogether HX35s aint bad but depending on how much fuel your gonna put in I would run a S360(60mm) or a S363(63mm) buddy put a S366 on his stock non ic rig an it works great spools pretty good though the pump just has the stock fuel pin rotated an I believe one turn in on the fuel screw.