Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   need help asap!!! have to bleed it every time i start it!!! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/107476-need-help-asap-have-bleed-every-time-i-start.html)

tiremann9669 01-08-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1stgenblowingsmoke (Post 977927)
You guys need to go back to the books. Let it sit for a while, don't try n fire it up n see if there's any prime at the LP the diaghram in them often goes bad n will drain fuel back to the tank.

Yup and often rusted or cracked fuel lines do the same :c:

1stgenblowingsmoke 01-08-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by tiremann9669 (Post 978017)
Yup and often rusted or cracked fuel lines do the same :c:

Kinda hard when fuel lines on these trucks are hard plastic. besideds I've had 3 1st gens do it to me. always been the lift pump.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by NadirPoint (Post 977984)
Try bumping the engine a bit to make sure the pump lever is up on the cam.

That's what these forums are for - people who don't have the necessary books and/or experience. Not jackwagon know-it-alls.

I'm sorry you guys are giving things that are like 1 in a million. the stock 1st gen lift pumps are bad for bleeding back

tiremann9669 01-08-2013 02:05 PM

Oh I see, hard plastic dosn't crack :humm: ....... Especially in the cald weather right ? :moon: Oh no I see since you've had 3 do it out of millions of trucks, thats all it could be :moon::moon:

cumminskid92 01-08-2013 08:16 PM

The lift pump is a very possibly the issue. It could very possibly be an air leak somewhere else but a lift pump is fairly cheap and it probably would not hurt to replace it anyways so it won't leave you stranded i'm the future. That would be the easiest place to start

And there is no reason to be an a$$ about the guys answer to the problem. Yes he has only had 3 first Gens but that is more than about everybody and by his word this has been his fix to this problem every time. Also the lift pump is a common cause of this symptom...so:moon::moon::moon:

motoxraca33 01-08-2013 10:20 PM

i replaced the LP with an electric fuel pump. it bleeds way faster now and i can prime it before turning it over but it still doesnt start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im going f-ing nuts!!!. every line has band clamps now and no more lift pump. my main fuel screw is leaking a little bit of fuel so how do i get a new o-ring without buying a whole kit for the ve pump?

1stgenblowingsmoke 01-09-2013 01:35 AM

Well there's your problem. Your fuel screw o-ring is letting air into the injection pump. The reason you can get away with the fuel flowing back with an electric LP is as soon as you turn the key n wait to for the wait to start light to go out the fuel is already back at the injection pump.

tiremann9669 01-09-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by cumminskid92 (Post 978120)
The lift pump is a very possibly the issue. It could very possibly be an air leak somewhere else but a lift pump is fairly cheap and it probably would not hurt to replace it anyways so it won't leave you stranded i'm the future. That would be the easiest place to start

And there is no reason to be an a$$ about the guys answer to the problem. Yes he has only had 3 first Gens but that is more than about everybody and by his word this has been his fix to this problem every time. Also the lift pump is a common cause of this symptom...so:moon::moon::moon:

OK so I'm supposed to put up with someone being an A$$ to me and not return it :humm::fu::fu::fu:

NadirPoint 01-09-2013 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1stgenblowingsmoke (Post 978212)

You seem to know alot about this problem for a guy drives a P-pump and doesn't like VE's.

1stgenblowingsmoke 01-10-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by NadirPoint (Post 978286)
You seem to know alot about this problem for a guy drives a P-pump and doesn't like VE's.

I only have a p-pump because my VE had a cracked block when I got it. I found two 12v's in my area both sitting next to eachother one was a 93 VE with 330 km KM on it, dirty as could be n BLACK oil. Or the 95 p-pump with a new head n 180 horse injection pump with less mileage and a golden colored oil with 303k KM and it was clean. Plus the guy wanted more money for the VE so I took the p-pump n grew to like it a lot for the topend power it has over my modded out VE. If it wasn't for the VE costing more I'd still be running a VE with 100 horse injectors, timing to the head, maxed pump, turbo, fuel pin, piston lift pump, e-fans exhaust n intake.

I never said I didn't like them just grew past them. I have had 3 trucks all with VE's I'm not stupid when it comes to them.

motoxraca33 01-10-2013 07:59 PM

so i got a new o ring and it seemed to fix the problem...then it sat over night and didnt start again!!!! so i kept looking and the fuel supply line that goes from the filter to the VE pump was leaking a tiny bit where it bolts to the VE pump... maybe it was also sucking in air there too? i took the line off and im getting a new one tomorrow. god i hope this is the final leak to this system.... im tired of it not starting up without a bleed :dang: