Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   I ordered the DennyT fuelpin 2 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/107368-i-ordered-dennyt-fuelpin-2-a.html)

1993cummins 01-04-2013 02:31 AM

I ordered the DennyT fuelpin 2

please tell me i made the right decision its my first mod and my first truck to
i have no aftermarket gauges but it isnt a huge mod so oh well , i am also going to straight pipe it and get a BHAF lol , so hopefully it works out good
and also it is easy to install the pin right ?

cummins bronco 01-04-2013 08:39 AM

i have one and it did help, can get a bit smokey though.
i would add guages to that list too, after that you can play with the pump and not worry about hurting your motor.

1993cummins 01-04-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by cummins bronco (Post 976845)
i have one and it did help, can get a bit smokey though.
i would add guages to that list too, after that you can play with the pump and not worry about hurting your motor.

what gauges do i need ? , are they expensive ?

cummins bronco 01-04-2013 07:58 PM

i would definately get a pyro, other than that i like a boost guage and if you have an auto a tranny temp guage.
all three should be under $300 for good ones, Isspro or Autometer, i wouldn't waste money on cheap ones.

1993cummins 01-04-2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by cummins bronco (Post 977003)
i would definately get a pyro, other than that i like a boost guage and if you have an auto a tranny temp guage.
all three should be under $300 for good ones, Isspro or Autometer, i wouldn't waste money on cheap ones.

okay ,its a sandard so i will just get the pyro for now ill spend 100 max

geddy's uncle 01-04-2013 11:26 PM

We did my son's Denny T pin pretty easily. You can do yourself a little favor, as well, when you get those 4 external cover screws out of the AFC housing, just replace'em with some same-threaded TORX screws. They'll be easier to work with, if you feel the urge to get back in there. .... be careful with that banjo fitting that connects the intake manifold to the side of the injection pump. That little piece of stiff aluminum tubing isn't very forgiving. Fortunately, it's also not magic. If you break it, you can simply replace that whole piece with a couple of hose-barbs and neatly-clamped tubing.

1993cummins 01-05-2013 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by geddy's uncle (Post 977079)
We did my son's Denny T pin pretty easily. You can do yourself a little favor, as well, when you get those 4 external cover screws out of the AFC housing, just replace'em with some same-threaded TORX screws. They'll be easier to work with, if you feel the urge to get back in there. .... be careful with that banjo fitting that connects the intake manifold to the side of the injection pump. That little piece of stiff aluminum tubing isn't very forgiving. Fortunately, it's also not magic. If you break it, you can simply replace that whole piece with a couple of hose-barbs and neatly-clamped tubing.

thanks , did you guys use gauges in his truck ? , i dont have any and was wondering how dangerous that would be

geddy's uncle 01-05-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1993cummins (Post 977102)
thanks , did you guys use gauges in his truck ? , i dont have any and was wondering how dangerous that would be

Yup.... This build was a very thorough nightmare but it turned out SAWEEET! The wiring-wizard kid at the place where most of the work was done actually built a complete dashboard. Aftermarket speedometer, fuel-guage, oil pressure, water temp, boost and pyro all in the panel where the OEM stuff used to be, on a nice piece of matte-black thick plastic inset. Looks like it was born that way. They're all round/retro-looking. If I've got a pic stored on this computer, I'll post it.

GrudgeGuy 01-05-2013 02:07 PM

Gauges are nice but I ran 4 turns on the pump with a Denny T 2 and BD 40hp injectors. No gauge, then I got one and on a 90 degree day the hottest I could get was 1200* but pump tunes can vary a lot

1stgenctd 02-28-2013 08:08 PM

I wouldn't risk it and get at least a pyro gauge... It's a whole lot cheaper than melting something..