Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   3200 govener spring (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/100436-3200-govener-spring.html)

willyslick 08-09-2012 01:56 PM

3200 govener spring

Help,just installed 3200 govener spring.now when i start goes to full throttle.
Have to turn key off fast.:scare2:
Whats going on?:s:

Cow tipper 08-09-2012 04:40 PM

Your throttle index is off you have to Adjust the throttle indexing.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

This is what it's supposed to look like
Ve pump full throttle - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

92betsy 08-09-2012 04:52 PM

^^^ This.

willyslick 08-10-2012 12:24 PM

got it running,now throttle hanginging,takes too long to spool down after pressing throttle.

do i need to adjust index again?

already checked tps voltage and is good.

i backed down on fuel adjustment also and seemed to help.
:humm:

t-bone117yamaha 09-05-2012 10:19 AM

does your truck have cruise control? when i replaced my fuel pin i didnt get the cruise control lined up right when i put it back on and it made my throttle stick and spool down slowly so if so that may just be an idea. you would be able to feel the ressistance if you play with the throttle arm under the hood.

willyslick 09-17-2012 03:34 PM

NOW I THINK HEAD GASKET BLOWN
OIL FOAMY AND GREEN MILKSHAKE:argh:

Yes i have cruise.ill check it out.

willyslick 10-11-2012 11:42 AM

ok,reindexed throttle.now it idles great but will hang and tend to run away at only slight movements of throttle.
tried turning fuel screw back but when its almost runs normal the engine stalls and wont start until i turn up fuel screw again.idle at 750rpm
what gives,running out of patience

lodal cummins 10-11-2012 09:47 PM

Willy my man take a time out and know we have all been there a time or two when stuff does not go well. Start over! That vid I told ya about follow it to a tee as your doing the work. Make sure the lever next to the top hat or pin the spring goes through is going toward cab. The fuel screw is very touchy in terms of you can't just turn it in. Go in half turns and start truck to get the right idle. Where is the green milkshake comming from????

Sorry I say 1/4 turns instead.

willyslick 10-11-2012 11:10 PM

i did it like the video.didnt move any lever. fuel screw wasnt that touchy whin i originally turned up the pump.
i added bigger injectors and new custom turbo when i did govener spring all at same time.
cant figure this one out.
now im running without connecting throttle linkage anb rod.also tps not installed.i was told on this truck tps only controls shift fron 3 to 4 on transmision.is that correct?

lodal cummins 10-11-2012 11:43 PM

Ok so truck runs with no linkage correct? If you turn index shaft by hand is it smooth? As far as tps I'm no 100 percent sure as mine is a 5 speed but on my 96 auto 1-3 is hydralic and tps controls 4 and o/d.

Did you see the lever in that vid and ya sure it's where it needs to be?