12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Lost tach, speedo and won't charge..HELP!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I install an external regulator, I will be able to charge the batteries but will it also enegize my engine control sensors?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a question...i have a flip switch hooked up to my fuel selenoid. i accidently left it turned on and i lost my charging system and all gauges... i manually pulled up the fuel selenoid and drove the truck none of the gauges are working nor the charging system and my flip switches for tc lock up and overdrive flip switch do not work... Does this sound like i blew my computer??? my cps sensor is brand new from cummins 2 months ago... remember that i accidently left power going to the fuel selenoid and once it shorted out everything stopped working

Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by parsons_vr6151
i have a question...i have a flip switch hooked up to my fuel selenoid. i accidently left it turned on and i lost my charging system and all gauges... i manually pulled up the fuel selenoid and drove the truck none of the gauges are working nor the charging system and my flip switches for tc lock up and overdrive flip switch do not work... Does this sound like i blew my computer??? my cps sensor is brand new from cummins 2 months ago... remember that i accidently left power going to the fuel selenoid and once it shorted out everything stopped working
Start simple check all fuses and relays, then trace wires to make sure they are still good. Far as a computer there is no ECM on a 12v there is PCM tho.

Search this Thread