Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   new truck and new questions (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/97127-new-truck-new-questions.html)

thesmellycowboy 06-03-2012 01:56 AM

new truck and new questions

well not a "new" truck exactly. 94 dodge 2500 with 409K on the odometer. front valve cover has a part number from a 1995 but mfg date on door says late 1993.

anyways i have a few problems that i would like to get fixed and need help/suggestions about them.

1. water in fuel light came on the other day after i tried to wash the engine bay out. i put in diesel klein 911 and bought a filter but am not sure how to go about changing it. or what else to do while working on it. wipe down a sensor? also where could the water have gotten into the fuel system while washing it.

2. fuel gauge doesn't work at all.

3. not a big one but any help would be appreciated the overhead screen digital display whatever it is called doesnt work and i have no idea where to start chasing it.

tiremann9669 06-03-2012 03:34 PM

There's a drain valve on the bottom of your filter to drain the water, just push it straight up twords the filter. To change the filter just unplug the wire to the sensor, remove the filter, change sensor from old filter to new one, fill it with fuel and install it. :c:

thesmellycowboy 06-03-2012 06:30 PM

Thanks. The idiot light went off on it but ive already bought the filter so I'm going tto go ahead and change cuz lord knows when the guy before me did it last.

thesmellycowboy 06-04-2012 10:33 PM

done with the filter. any suggestions about the fuel gauge? rest of the dash works. i am pretty ok with electronics but dont have any clue what the flow of electricity is. i dunno where to start.

any one know where i can find a diagram i have searched but unsure of what keywords to use all i turn up with is stuff for aftermarket fuel goodies

Aerosports1 06-06-2012 09:22 PM

Chiltons or haynes books have all diagrams. Pick one up at your auto parts store.

thesmellycowboy 06-06-2012 09:24 PM

Ya I was trying to get around buying one. But that's probably the best thing to do.

Aerosports1 06-06-2012 09:27 PM

I have a 97 12V...The book has been a huge help! 25 well spent dollars!

1AMatt 06-11-2012 02:29 PM

Every vehicle i have had I buy a repair manual for. It wont cover absolutely everything but, but they are a good thing to just keep in the glove box!

thesmellycowboy 06-13-2012 12:48 AM

Help! trans is leaking from where the shift linkage enters the trans. i searched and found out i need to drop the pan and the vb to replace. call a guy i know from a trans shop and he advised me not to do it myself being a first timer. talked to another guy who told me to do a quick fix with silicone around where it is leaking from. any advice?!!!? will the silicone hurt anything?

this is just fuel for my wifes fire on getting rid of it. need to get it fixed fast. its marking some serious teritory which is pissing my landlord off. so i drained the fluid out to at least alieviate that problem.